[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Of all the religions of the prehistoric Levant why did Judaism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1487250371293.jpg (42KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
1487250371293.jpg
42KB, 500x423px
Of all the religions of the prehistoric Levant why did Judaism become the most prominent?
>>
monotheistic, so it was easy to follow
>>
Because of Europeans larping as ancient Israelites. We wuz Jews n shit.
>>
>>2469430
Is that a Mamba?
You can try catch it with your hands and then remove the can and be all I'M Steve Irwin n'shit
>>
>>2469430
Judaism only got created aftet 70 AD
>>
>>2469430
Because they slaughtered the Philistines.
>>
>>2469459
This
>>
>>2469430
the lack of foreskin
>>
>>2469430

Because Judaism, as far as I know uniquely, divided up its ritual leaders into two "castes" for lack of a better term. You had the priests on one hand who did the temple rites and sacrifices and stuff, and you had the rabbis on the other who taught the lore and learned the rules by which the lay people had to live by.

To be sure, the two weren't completely separate, you had priests who were also actual teachers and such, but being in one group didn't have any definitive bearing on you being in the other group.

So when, almost inevitably, some sort of upheaval happened, such as foreign invasion, and the holy sites occupied and their tenders either killed or driven off, Judaism had a resilience to it that a lot of other religions didn't, because the "culture" of Judaism, the learning and personal rites, weren't in the minds and hands of that demographic.
>>
>>2469430
Because for a while they had the living God with them, and fighting for them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.