[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good communism documentaries? I'd like to show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

What are good communism documentaries? I'd like to show one to my students that gets down to the history of it as a whole and shows China, Romania, Cuba, the USSR, etc and how it all falls apart. There's a lot of documentaries, but it all seems very focused on one of these particular places or individuals.

>inb4 stop showing videos you lazy fuck
>>
>>2468328
Well, what are you teaching exactly? Just about communism, leftism as a whole, certain countries...
>>
>>2468344
Economic systems as a whole, and their differences. I wouldn't mind showing a couple different documentaries. Maybe one on the Cultural Revolution, maybe another one on the USSR. I find demagoguery and cults of personality fascinating, so we've looked already at DPRK and Cuba this year (when talking about forms of gov't).
>>
>>2468352
Ah ok. To be honest though I can't remember any good documentaries off the top of my head, so I'm sorry about that
>>
>>2468328
>documentaries

why are you so lazy, teach?
>>
>>2468441
Anon, I can only lecture for so long. For my own sanity, and the students' attention spans. There's nothing wrong with showing a good video or documentary to reinforce a lecture or lesson.
>>
>>2468441
OP guessed it
>>
>>2468328
>communism documentaries

Premise 1: Only good, solid production values, engaging documentaries come from USA and UK.
Premise 2: USA and UK are very strongly (perhaps morally justified, but definitely over the top) against communism.
Premise 3: A good documentary has to be unbiased and cover all facts equally, for or against.

Conclusion: there are no good communism documentaries.
Further, from this conclusion follows that people who are ideologically aligned with communism make equally biased, but in the other direction, pro-communism videos.
So you have high quality good production full length movies shitting on communism, and terrible webcam-in-my-basement slideshows supporting communism.
Neither are good for education, but at least the former are good for adjusting to society and polite conversation, since talking against communism is pop culture and people expect it.
>>
>>2469242
There are some, but I forgot the names of them :/
>>
>>2469323
You don't make a strong case.
>>
>>2469361
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ZMK2AsuAQ

there u go senpai
>>
>>2469368
This is an episode of the USA government funded CNN production "Cold War". The episode synopsis reads: "In the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, denial of freedom and incentive stifles ambition and achievement. The young lust for totems of America's youth culture--blue jeans and rock-and-roll."

I doubt its a good documentary to show people who want to learn what was the goal, implementation, flaws and consequences of Marxist, Leninist or Stalinist theory.
>>
>>2468328
The Cuba Libre one of Netflix. More about Cuba but says a lot about the Cuban Revolution. Surprisingly unbiased.

>Che executed prisoners along with the Castro brothers
>Batista goes full retard
>USA is evil but not that evil, tries to fix Cuba but fails
>interviews with cuban exiles, pro castro cubans and lots of historians
>lots of communists too

It great.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.