[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of heretical stuff do you hear people say about their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1487653326141.jpg (45KB, 670x472px) Image search: [Google]
1487653326141.jpg
45KB, 670x472px
And I mean true believers in their church, and not 'lapsed' people or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLfgaUoQCw

I don't think many protestants really have any real grasp of theology, just a hunch though.
>>
>>2468189
I hear a lot of Christians liking to hijack the religion to promote racism or war or death or any number of other things diametrically opposed to it. Really, as far as I can tell, it's because most of them don't realize they can hold personal opinions independent of religion, even if that makes them opposed to their religion. So instead of trying to reconcile the fact that they're going against Christ, they attempt to spin, contort, and twist Christian beliefs to impose their own beliefs on top of it.

Instead of analyzing their faith and their own beliefs and making a decision to follow one or the other, the person instead pretends their faiths completely back up their personal beliefs and that everyone else is doing it wrong.
>>
>>2469716
A lot of that also seems to come from the base notion that individuals are fully capable of interpreting God's word for themselves by reading the Bible, despite not having any background in basic Israeli culture, Roman culture, ancient history, language, etc. and not making any attempt to familiarize themselves with change in interpretation of scriptures over time.

So people end up divining truth by pulling verses out of context, citing old testament legal jargon as the words of Jesus, getting metaphors and parables entirely wrong, etc. as well as attacking other schools of religious thought without even making an effort to follow the original lines of thought that led to that stance.

This is not to say that only theologians/"cultured" people should dictate the truth to the unwashed masses, but there is a serious lack of respect taught for the Bible and how you should read from it
>>
>it's not a religion, it's a relationship.
>>
>>2471542
Hindus say the same thing
>Hinduism is not a religion, it is a way of life.
Then you will find them killing others in the name of religion.
>>
>>2471443
It even says in the Book that they think they can interpret with absolute certainty, that it is impossible for the mind of man to understand god. But still "Hurr Durr This is what God wants!"
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.