[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how many ethnic groups have gone completely extinct? and im talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 535px-Humanevolutionchart.jpg (37KB, 535x599px) Image search: [Google]
535px-Humanevolutionchart.jpg
37KB, 535x599px
how many ethnic groups have gone completely extinct? and im talking about, no one has any of their dna through interbreeding.

only one i can think of is the dorset people of the north american arctic. they were around before the eskimos and then completely vanished in 1500, with no one having any lineage to them. the inuit family that did have some of their ancestry died out in the early 1900s.

any other cultures completely die out? i imagine there are probably hundreds who got wiped out due to war, disease, and climate change. i also would guess this mostly would happen in the arctic regions, since people there were so spread out and isolated. also all of america since disease must have killed off entire tribes or groups of tribes

were there any myths or stories that mention extinct people?

pic related. the dorset are more extinct than neanderthals since they at least have their dna in lots of modern humans. dorset unique dna doesnt exist anymore
>>
>>2467691
white people, hopefully
>>
>were there any myths or stories that mention extinct people?
This sort of thing factors pretty heavily into Irish mythology, specifically the Book of Invasions
>>
>>2467706
unfortunately for you white people have spread their dna globally and mixed with the natives pic related
>>
>>2467706
Not really

We've spread our DNA across the gene pool

Every corner of the globe has some white blood
>>
>>2467706
(You)
Whiteness is eternal. See:
>>2467722
>>2467749
>>
>>2467691
Abos may have lived in South America at one time, they were pretty well wiped out.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australoid_race#Migration_to_the_Americas_hypothesis
>>
>>2467691
The Moriori got fucking totally genocided by the Maori.
>>
>>2467691
Tasmanians, Western-Chinese Celts....
>>
>>2467691
Weren't Neanderthal present in Asia as well as Europe?
>>
>>2467722
Fuck the Metis. Bunch of white people playing Native and getting offended at everything.
>>
>>2467917
>Moriori
oh man...the feels.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moriori
>>
Are the mods gonna move this thread to /pol/ soon too?
>>
>>2467925
yeah i think that pic was made before scientists discovered tons of asians (or all? cant remember) have neanderthal dna
>>
>>2468086
That's incorrect. Neanderthals are still limited to Europe and the Middle East. The group you're thinking of is the Denisovans, which are a relatively recent discovery
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.