[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you counter the argument that religion is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1886.jpg (218KB, 1200x1638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1886.jpg
218KB, 1200x1638px
How would you counter the argument that religion is the Opium of the Masses?
>>
I would say that atheists don't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0
>>
>>2466585
every fucking thread with this spam, fuck off you cultist
>>
>>2466572
opium is quite good
>>
it's an analogy. semantics, poetry at best. there is no logic in the statement.
>>
>>2466572
I would say all the chemicals in our drinking water and food that we eat is the drug of the masses. Stuff like estrogen in beef.
>>
>>2466572
"If it's the opium of the masses then light me up motherfuckerrrr"
>>
I wouldn't, because it's true. The question is whether we're better off with all the norm is "doped up."
>>
OP here, So let Nebraska reword the OP better. How would Christians argue against the statement that Religion is only made to assure people LIFE after death?
>>
>>2466572
Religion is an intense training period. Hard as fuck and oftentimes all you want to do is quit and slip back into comfort, but if you stick with it to the end you will feel so good
>>
>>2466572
Catholics aren't Christians
>>
>>2466677
idk, have you tried asking an actual christian and not a board full of nihilistic LARPers?
>>
Opium is the opium of the masses.
>>
>>2466572

Probably accuse Marx of being a drunk, a shitty friend and feeble-minded for not predicting the service economy.
>>
>>2466585
>which worldview makes human experience intelligible?

I am still trying to figure out what the fuck he is trying to say. It's been hours.

>>2466572
I would say bedrock, not opium. Religions demand various things, but give purpose and meaning to their followers. Without those people are pretty fucked.

Look at much of western society today. Half can't find reason to not stuff their faces until their blimps. Depravity is the norm. A non religious person even attempting to live up to the seven heavenly virtues is a thing I have never seen. The seven deadly sins are commonplace.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.