[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since I saw this "quote" by Epicurus my bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_0802.jpg (51KB, 627x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0802.jpg
51KB, 627x402px
Ever since I saw this "quote" by Epicurus my bullshit detector goes off. Does anyone know the original passagevthis is from, because it really doesn't sound like something Epicurus would concern himself with or how he constructs arguments.
>>
The primary source has not survived. The earliest surviving sources attributing it to him are from the Roman Empire, ~400 years after his death, at which time it was treated like "common knowledge." It is possible it's misattributed, but I don't agree at all with "doesn't sound like something Epicurus would concern himself with or how he constructs arguments."
>>
This kind of questioning of the gods was hardly unique among post Peloponnesian war Athenian sophists.

Protagoras wrote quite a bit about agnosticism.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 400x400px)
image.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>2464659
>mfw christcucks still can't refute this
>>
>>2465315
God is ready, willing and able to eradicate all evil, and will, on his timetable, as he said he would.
>>
>>2464659

Epicurus versus folk religion.

God is a title for a universal sovereign. What 'drives" God does not necessarily correlate to notions of Good and Evil that fluctuate over time.

"Then why call him God"

Out in the surf, waves are fickle Gods who care not for man and time.
>>
>>2465340

>timetable

violates either able, which means he is not timeless and all powerful, or violates willing, meaning he wants to watch you squirm for a bit before saving you

not an atheist here, but theists need to admit when they're talking about God they're not talking about an all-powerful benevolent entity
>>
>>2465442
God is not bound or limited by time.

1000 years for us is like 1 day to Him.
>>
>>2465389
So you're saying god is malevolent then?
>>
>>2465457
So you're saying he's unable to prevent evil because humans move too quickly?
>>
>>2465457

>on his timetable, as he said he would.
>God is not bound or limited by time.

gonna assume you're failing to communicate something profound otherwise you're being incoherent
>>
>>2465461

I'm saying the definition of "malevolent" changes with the habits and evaluation systems of different entities.

Do the waves drag you in because of evil or because that's how waves do?

Maybe God has a long ranging view from the perspective of eternity. A certain knowledge that the worst type of God would simply "make it all better".

We do not really know how much higher we could have been or how much lower we could have been.

For all we know, the entirety of prehistory and history is the meddling of a Boltzmann Brain that could collapse any second.
>>
>>2465494

or for all we know, we live in a moral-pedagogic simulation crafted for the perfection of a single being to be birthed in the future.

Or we live in a sterile simulation where the purpose is to analyze the development of some local minima/maxima unrelated to us. In other words, we might be literally nothing compared to the intentionality of God.
>>
The God that believes himself to be omnipotent is a fool - Saklas Yaldabaoth. The True God, the Monad, is entirely without agency in the material realm, except through the intercession of Sophia and Her self-manifestation, the Logos (aka, the plasmate)
>>
>>2465509

Or maybe "our" God is focused on higher dimensional simulation. And the part that sticks out in our perception is the equivalent of an elephant's foot.

Worse that being able to touch the elephant. Now you have people arguing over the toes and the wrinkles and the shape and the growth of a single foot.

Could you understand man from a single foot?
>>
Evil reigns because we are in the Kali Yuga.
>>
>>2465470
No, because there's a reason why He is waiting.
And since we're talking about God, He obviously has a damn good reason.
>>
>>2465544
Why doesn't he tell us?
>>
If God had to destroy evil right now, it would mean you're all going to hell as well.

All liars, thieves, murderers (hate = murdering someone in your mind) would be judged.

The reason God waits is because He wants people to accept His gift of eternal salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who died for the collective sins of humanity.

God will wait until the full quota of saved believers is reached and Satan's New World Order is implemented.
>>
File: Bible.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Bible.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
>>2465561
He does. There's this thing called the Bible.
>>
>>2465562

I'm glad you "know' God.

It takes a really really smart person to understand why God does the things it does.

Truly it's miraculous that humans are just mimetic vessels for the judgement of God.
>>
>>2465568
The Bible doesn't explain why we're still waiting for the second coming.
>>
>>2465544
>because there's a reason why He is waiting
OK, what is it?
>>
>>2465568 ties into >>2465562 I think.

Why didn't God just make us all perfect to start off with?

>but then we wouldn't learn about love and charity and all that other great stuff

Why didn't he create us ready to go with all that built-in at the start?

>We can't understand his motives, ant vs. a human, etc.

Why weren't we readily built to understand him?
>>
>>2465568
But humans wrote the Bible to give their institutions fake authority over others.
>>
>>2465597
>Why weren't we readily built to understand him?

The true answer is that priests had the luxury to lie (to others and themselves)

A farmer who crafted such lies would find a fallow field and a hungry family.

A priest who crafts such lies gets fed in warm housing.

I bet more on the faggotry of humans more than what entities they worship.
>>
>>2465575
Well yeah, when you read the Bible you tend to know God.

God created us to know Him.
>>
>>2465315

>evil is bad

spooks galore

>Then whence cometh evil?

God. Christians refute the problem of suffering by pointing to the crucifixion.
>>
>>2465461
>god is malevolent

even if this is the case, who cares? He's literally God, what are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>2465340
>and will
If he hasn't already he's unwilling.

Stop being a dishonest little faggot.
>>
>>2465800

>he thinks God only exists in linear time

he has already. All moments are concurrent to an eternal being.
>>
>>2465800
Other guy and atheist here. You can't escape the possibility that God is pruning out the impatient.
>>
>>2465800
He wants you to get saved. He is giving you time instead of throwing you immediately into hell.

Ever thought of that?
>>
>>2465779
>christfag whining about 'spooks'
You can't make this shit up

Inb4 he claims he's not a christfag
>>
>>2465810
>>2465814
>>2465828
Oh I triggered you faggots good.

Face it, your beliefs are hilarious contradictory and make no sense.
>>
File: bait12.png (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait12.png
63KB, 625x626px
>>2465843
0/10
>>
>>2465838

what makes you think I'm a Christian?

>>2465843

what makes you think you know what I believe?
>>
>>2465784
Not worship him for starters.
>>
>>2465315
God hasn't intervened in the events of this world after the death of Christ, it's common knowledge.
>>
>>2465854
What do you believe?
>>
>>2465315
Good and evil are concepts created by humans.
God does not care about them.
>>
>>2465855

>God is mean, so I'll spite him on purpose.

That doesn't sound very wise.
>>
>>2465858
Why are you so smug?
>>
>>2465858

>protestants
>>
>>2465858
What about the miracles in the book of Acts?
>>
>>2465864
Why don't you worship Satan?
>>
>>2465442

It violates nothing.

It just makes you think you can force God's hand.

Learn the difference between God's express will and God's permissive will.
>>
>>2465884

Why would you worship Satan? He's not God.

If God is malevolent, that doesn't mean he's suddenly not God anymore you know.
>>
>>2465585
It does, actually. So that Jesus has a multitude of brothers and sisters, not just a handful. New Jerusalem is 2/3 the size of the moon. Lots of space for houses.
>>
>>2465862
So if I'm evil I go to heaven?

Fucking priests of my childhood lied to me!
>>
>>2465849
Not bait, christfag, cold hard logic.
>>
>>2465800

He is willing, and he will do as he says.

He is not convinced by your arguments that he must act instantaneously in all cases. one of his characteristics is "long suffering".
>>
>>2465814
I like to say filtering, but it's the same effect.
>>
>>2465892
One of those two statements is correct.
>>
>>2465897
He is unwilling.

Stop lying.
>>
File: 1488693227829.png (269KB, 380x426px) Image search: [Google]
1488693227829.png
269KB, 380x426px
>>2465874

>protestants claim to know the bible
>>
>>2465892
>if I'm evil

hahahahahaha
>>
>>2465908
If you have a point to make then make it.
>>
>>2465906

He is willing. But the bowls of his wrath are not yet full, and the number of saved is not yet reached.

In the words of Peter:

knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,

Interesting to have to believe what you believe is predicted in this verse; you have to disbelieve in Creation and disbelieve in the Flood.
>>
Epicurus never said that or anything like it. If you actually bother to read the guy's surviving works it's clear that he believes in Gods and had a strong sense of divine justice.

The quote, ironically, is a paraphrased form of a hypothetical argument laid out by the early Christian writer Lactantius. He specifically uses it to go on and solve the Problem of Evil, to his own satisfaction anyway. It's bizarre, but a bit telling, that whoever put the argument in Epicurus' mouth left out the part where it was refuted.

Also how is this the first time this has been mentioned itt so far. You're all fucking illiterates.
>>
>>2465917
*oops truncated verses

by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
>>
>>2465918
I'm not sure that the origin of the quote is the interesting bit here, but thanks for the clarification. I had only ever heard that it was not attributable to the hedonist Epicurus.
>>
>>2465481

I think he means that God is an entity outside of time, like a weaver looking at a cloth. The weaver being God, the cloth being his creation: time, us, the universe as a whole. He's willing and able to undo evil and right wrongs, fix the blemishes and knit the holes, all that stuff. He already has, in a way. We exist on one part of the cloth, and the evils he has undone are anoher part. Or something. I never was much snuff at analogies.
>>
>>2465917
>He is willing.
No he isn't.

Stop lying, jesus wouldn't want that.
>>
File: 1488800447582.png (548KB, 1736x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488800447582.png
548KB, 1736x750px
Post more Epicurus quotes
>>
>>2465442

Think of it this way, anon, you could be both able and willing to go donate to a charity, but you'd probably still be kind of annoyed if some fuckwit came up to you demanding you do it right away or else you're a monster.

I'm not religious, but it's not really a "checkmate" scenario that if God hasn't done something yet he means he's unable or unwilling to do it. Christian eschatology already indicates that he can and will resolve it. You don't need to buy into it, obviously, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been addressed.
>>
>>2465918
>>2465931
Everything in these posts is a lie.

Stop lying, your prophet wouldn't want that.
>>
>>2465958
>>2465939
>>2465906

>get btfo repeatedly
>l-lies all lies

faggot
>>
>>2465966
>get btfo repeatedly
Yet ANOTHER lie!
>>
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." Isaiah 45:7

the God of the old covenant definitely takes responsibility for creating evil

being a God, he doesn't have to explain this
>>
>>2465989
how convenient
>>
>>2465970

That's a lie.
>>
>>2465991

>I know better than God himself.

fedoras pls
>>
>>2465939
If you read the Revelation, you'll find that all evil is eradicated.

Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
>>
>>2465958

Jesus is not my prophet. While he is a prophet in a technical term, speaking what God says to speak to the people, He is God Himself.

If you only think Jesus is a prophet, you are a hellbound Jew or Muslim. Take your pick.
>>
>>2466001
That's a lie.
>>
>>2465989

rah in that verse is "calamities" like hurricanes, tidal waves, tornadoes, things like that. That are not evil. But they do contrast with the preceding verses about peace and sunshine.
>>
>>2466006
>implying I'm not God
>>
File: Graduation_and_Religion.jpg (27KB, 310x412px) Image search: [Google]
Graduation_and_Religion.jpg
27KB, 310x412px
>ITT Chrisidiots get BTFO
>>
>>2466026
>If you only think Jesus is a prophet, you are a hellbound Jew or Muslim.
Lie.
>>
>>2466006
>>I know better than God himself.

How do I know that is the word of god, and not some random bullshit that someone else wrote? Because the same source claims itself to be self-evident? Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>2466041
Judas thought of Jesus only as a rabbi, and is in hell right now.
>>
>>2466044

By going directly to the source and demanding God prove himself to you.
>>
>>2466034
>tfw to intelligent too be monotheistic
>>
>>2466053
Lie.
>>
>>2465904
Which one?
>>
>>2466059
John 6:70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?”

Matthew 26:25 Then Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, “Rabbi, is it I?” He said to him, “You have said it.”

Your spiritual father is the father of lies, but somehow you suck at spotting them. Curious.
>>
Plato made that quote when he was promoting Gnosticism. Usually that quote is attributed to a non-existent charectar
>>
>>2466044

>talks about Christians having contradictory beliefs
>shown those beliefs aren't contradictory

>b-but there's no proof the beliefs are true

oh sweetie just getting btfo over and over again today, huh?

The actual factuality of Christian beliefs has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
>>
>>2466069
Judas is dead, not in Hell.
>>
>>2466067
It's sad you cannot even guess by contextual clues.

I'll give you a hint.

The second one.
>>
>>2466055
I already did, God told me Christianity was bullshit and everyone who believes in it is going to Hell to burn forever.

Only those who accept Zoroastrianism will be given salvation.
>>
>>2466079
I was told the same as well.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
>>
>>2466077
That's where dead people go.

If you want to quibble and say he is in the Torment side of Hades awaiting trial to be cast into the lake of fire, Gehenna, I was not aware we were discussing this issue at that level of specificity.

If you think you are an animal that ceases to exist upon death, you are obviously quite mistaken and woefully unprepared for the afterlife.
>>
>>2465918
What is the source then.
>>
>>2466079

Iranian Judaism is the answer?

kek
>>
>God is good and will do what he claims
>Because the Bible says so
>How can the Bible be reliable
>Because god says so :^)

You will never escape circular reasoning when it comes to Christians.
>>
>>2466085
Hell doesn't exist.

>Yes it does-
No it doesn't, fuck off you delusional idiot.
>>
>>2466092
Because the Holy Spirit of God inspired the 40 authors of the 66 books of the bible to speak the truth, only the truth, and nothing but the truth, and brought all things to their remembrance. It's the only holy book on the planet.
>>
>>2466092
It's a fucking mental illness without a doubt.

Really disturbing to watch in action.
>>
>>2466078
But if evil is a human invention god does not care about why would he keep me out of heaven if I was evil?
>>
>>2466095
You'll find to your horror that not only does hell exist, but it is beyond anyone's description of it.

I like how you plan your life.

Pull the binkie up over your head and pretend nothing's wrong.
>>
>>2466103
Evil is not a human invention; it is anything that is not God or of God or is contrary to God's express will. It's not created.
>>
>>2466092

>_
>**>
>=#
>>
>>2466104
This bullshit finger wagging is unbelievably stupid.
>you'll see i'm right one day mark my words!!!
No wonder everyone hates fundamentalist american preachers.
>>
File: 1481655417579.jpg (16KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
1481655417579.jpg
16KB, 300x411px
>>2466104
>Pull the binkie up over your head and pretend nothing's wrong.
>t. christfag

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

DEVELOP SOME SELF-INSIGHT YOU FUCKING IMBECILE, HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>2466103
You will not be kept out of heaven if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised him from the dead.

Do that and you will be saved.

You will be kept out of the Kingdom of the Living by being dead. You are dead right now, and do not appear to have taken advantage of Jesus' sacrifice on your part to gain eternal life.
>>
>>2466115
The truth bothers you.

That the truth bothers you should bother you.
>>
>>2466117
I have plenty, as I have lived my life as you are currently living yours, and I have lived my life as a new creation in Christ Jesus, a born again Christian.

I have done both.

You are as you were born; spiritually dead and lacking in all things good and pleasing to God.
>>
>>2466102

Actually, it's atheism that's positively correlated at a highly significant level with autism.

Religious ideation is *normal* in human behavior patterns. Fedoras are the abnormal ones.
>>
>>2466124
>I have plenty
Lie.
>>
>>2466127
Then why are you so motherfucking stupid?
>>
>>2466109
>it is anything that is not God or of God or is contrary to God's express will. It's not created.

So why does he do nothing to stop it?

>>2466118
>Do that and you will be saved.

I never understood this. So I can murder as many babies as I like so long as I repent I am guaranteed salvation.
>>
>>2466134

kill yourself autist
>>
>>2465953
So God ending evil is a charity according to him? Then he is not benevolent.
>>
>>2466147
no
>>
>>2466153

why are you so fucking stupid?
>>
>>2466141

Again, God works on his own timetable, not yours.

If God stopped evil yesterday, you would be in hell today. He's going to end this age, soon, when the last person is saved. He's given you today to make the decision to be saved. It's on you now.

Do you want to go to hell that badly?
>>
>>2466159
I'm not, and I'm smarter than you.
>>
File: 1485760429792.png (12KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1485760429792.png
12KB, 243x243px
>>2466034
>Religious minorities that get into the US on student and professional visas are more likely than the native population to have college degrees
>>
>>2466152

A charity? No, God is Good and will not tolerate evil in his presence. Note that no evil happens in heaven. Note that no evil will happen after Judgment Day.

Think of God and evil as matter and anti-matter. They will not co-exist.
>>
>>2466179
lol
>>
>>2466179
Wait why am I going to hell?
>>
>>2465139
>>2464659
Questioning the gods wasn't unusual among philosophers of the era, but considering them omnipotent or omnibenevolent is all but completely foreign not just to their culture, but to all the cultures of the age (yes, even among the Hebrews).

Gods were powerful, but their power was not limitless, being checked both by one another to varying degrees and things happening beyond their privy. Often they could end up in struggles. The degree of benignity varied wildly from god to god and situation to situation as well.

On the other hand, this is the exact critique of the gods that was among the charges supposedly levied against Socrates. Lots of philosophers took note that "hey, our gods are basically dicks - and indeed, so are most our heros."

That doesn't stop them from being gods, but yes, some philosophers thought that maybe this made them poor objects of worship... So I could see this "quote" by Epicurus being a paraphrasing of a similar argument.

Good way to get charged with Impiety though.
>>
>>2465610
*tips fedora*
>>
>>2466219
He's right.
>>
>>2466210
Because you're a sinner. You broke numerous of God's laws.
>>
>>2466228
You broke more.
>>
>>2466230
But my sins are covered by Jesus.

Are yours?
>>
>>2466251
didn't he die for all our sins, not just the christians'?
>>
>>2466228
You don't know me!
>>
>>2466251
Damn you got tricked into believing the Jesus cult version of God, actually God is the unique.
That sucks for you man, your whole life down the drain because of a prank. Well it's no so bad, maybe you did other things in your life?
>>
>>2466260
Yes, and it's a gift.

You still have to accept the gift, or reject it.
>>
>>2466313
I may accept it before I die, since apparently that's all that matters
>>
>>2466317
God knows your heart. He knows your deepest intentions.

You can't "fake" conversion. God knows you better than you know yourself.

The hairs on your head are numbered. You were knitted in your mother's womb.
>>
>>2466325
that's cool and all but if there's a heaven I'm going there anyway. I don't intend on hurting people or being actively evil. I'm just gonna live my life as it comes. If I get sent to hell for that, then God is a douche and I'll be glad I didn't waste my time with him
>>
>>2465470
holy shit, my sides
>>
>>2466330
You can't go to heaven by your own works.

You're a hell-bound sinner unless you repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

Salvation is not something you achieve by your own merit. Christ died for a reason.
>>
>>2466251
>But my sins are covered by Jesus.
Wrong.
>>
>>2466343
your second row contradicts the other two. If my actions don't matter then repentance doesn't matter either
>>
>>2465562
>If God had to destroy evil right now, it would mean you're all going to hell as well.
>All liars, thieves, murderers (hate = murdering someone in your mind) would be judged.

But God being a torturer (sends people to hell), shouldnt he get sent there too?
>>
>>2466349
If you rely on Jesus, you are relying on God's finished work.

If you rely on yourself, it is impossible to go to heaven.

This is basic 101 Christianity.
>>
>>2466353
No, because you get what you want. Separation from your creator.
>>
>>2466360
kek, so let me get this straight. You can be a 100% selfless person, help sick kids and animals and live in poverty all your life, but if you don't repent and accept Jesus you'll go to hell?
>>
>>2466373
You can't be 100% selfless person. That is impossible.
>>
>>2466386
ok 99.8% selfless. Don't dodge the question
>>
>>2466391
"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." - Isaiah 64:6

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" - Romans 3:10
>>
>>2466401
I'll take that as a "no"

in which case God is a fucking douche and can go fuck himself
>>
>>2465470
underrated
>>
>>2466405
Enjoy the flames.
>>
>>2466412
enjoy the doubt creeping in as you realize you've wasted your life following a meaningless creed. On your deathbed the regret will be like a weight on your chest
>>
>>2466418
I don't have doubt.
I don't follow any man-made creed or tradition.

I am a born again Christian who has his sin washed away by God.
>>
>>2466432
if you didn't have doubt you wouldn't waste your time trying to convince others. You would bask in the warm realization you will be saved. Every ounce of energy debating others on this is proof of doubt. You're not really arguing with others but with yourself
>>
>>2464659
What evil?
>>
>>2466437
>what is saving souls

You are about to be hit by a truck. I can stand here and do nothing or try to warn you.

Apparently you want to be hit by the truck. Fine.
>>
>>2466451
If you were a true christian you would sacrifice yourself to save your fellow man.

Best go repent sinner.
>>
Evil is a consequence of having freewill
>>
>>2466463
You know what? That's exactly what God did.

He became a man, lived a perfect sinless life, and died for YOU. He was innocent, yet He chose to be a sacrifice so that YOU could go to heaven.

Jesus took a bullet for you.
Jesus paid your debt.
Jesus freed you from jail.

You can accept God's gracious gift of eternal life, or death.
>>
>>2466463
He's not a real Christian.
>>
>>2466474
>lived a perfect sinless life,
no he didn't. He was violent with the temple merchants, he had doubt in God and he asked to be spared from his divine mission before he died
>>
>>2466485
>He was violent with the temple merchants
A perfect sinless life.
>>
>>2466489
if you repeat it some more it might become true
>>
>>2466474
Jesus was not god.

What bible are you going off?
>>
>>2466485
The temple of God was a place of worship and meditation, not merchandising.

Jesus was God, he was cleaning his house from greedy thieves.
>>
>>2466504
why didn't he do the Christian thing, and simply ask them to leave?
>>
>>2466494
You with your modern liberal beliefs are the one who's wrong. You don't tolerate the desecration of a temple, you throw the desecrators out. With a whip if need be.
>>
>>2466512
>the Christian thing is to do the opposite of what Christ did and to do what I want
>>
>>2466521
>turn the other cheek
>>
>>2466514
Christianity sounds like a very violent religion. Not for me
>>
>>2466523
>cherrypicking verses
>taking passages out of context
>>
>>2466521
For some reason a lot of people seem to believe the entirety of Christian morals can be boiled down to the Golden Rule.
>>
File: 17lcma.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
17lcma.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>2466533
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2466531
How are you supposed to deal with criminality, except through violence? Are you against the death penalty too?
When Hitler marches tanks down your street do you stand in the road and very quietly ask "please stop mr hitler"?
>>
>>2466543
I don't equate merchants selling things in an inappropriate place with Hitler's death squads. I guess Christians do.
>>
why are atheists so stupid?
>>
>>2466555
wow, how rude and un-Christian
>>
>>2466550
Hitler was a Christian
>>
>>2466560
interesting, so you're saying if he repented and accepted Jesus into his heart before killing himself there is a nonzero chance he's in Heaven right now?
>>
>>2466560
No he was not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaiNLaLE9HY

Hitler (as well as Marx) were ardent believers in Darwinism and the theory of evolution.
>>
>>2466565

Hitler is DEFINITELY in heaven right now
>>
>>2466577
How could Marx believe in evolution?
Communism is like the opposite of evolution
>>
>>2466584
well. I don't want to be part of any winged harp club that would have him as a member
>>
File: statism.jpg (99KB, 769x671px) Image search: [Google]
statism.jpg
99KB, 769x671px
>>2466596
Marx literally praised Darwin and sent him letters.

Darwinism is the foundation of most of 20th century political ideologies such as Socialism. Communism is inherently an atheistic collectivist ideology.
>>
>>2466577
Correct. Hitler was not a Christian, but was a Catholic.

>>2466599
So don't be a Catholic.
>>
>>2466603
I know that communism is atheistic (nazism isn't), but communist policies stand in opposition of evolution

socialism and welfare, for instance
it creates an evolutionary pressure to become less intelligent, less hard working, less loyal

>>2466599
what did hitler do to you?
>>
>>2466603
>>2466626
in fact communists tried to deny all biology, as marxists do today (trans for instance)
>>
>>2466626
Uhm no. Evolution says there is no God and we're all just monkeys from an accident after millions of years. Nazis and Commies both believed this.

Since evolution is false and debunked, their political ideologies are incorrect and harmful as well.
>>
>>2466637
>Evolution says there is no God
No, it doesn't, and the vast majority of Nazis were good Christians

Literally the only people mad about Hitler are Jews
>>
>>2466637
>Evolution says there is no God and we're all just monkeys
not even remotely true
>>
>>2466651
Catholics. Nazis were Catholics. So were the fascist Italians. The pope called the shots in WWII; he controlled 2/3 of the Axis powers.

And then helped Nazi war criminals escape to monasteries in South America via the Vatican Ratlines.
>>
>>2466651
Hitler said after the Jews the Christians would be next.

Hitler and the SS were deeply into the occult as well.
>>
>>2466660
Most Catholics are Christian, except for the ones in the Vatican running the Catholic church.

What's a war criminal?
>>
File: 1461388282016.png (736KB, 1050x870px) Image search: [Google]
1461388282016.png
736KB, 1050x870px
>>2466666
No wonder you hate the Nazis so much, Satan
>>
>>2466603
Utter bullshit tho.

Marxists and communists were incredibly anti-darwinian and despised the idea of natural selection because that concept, a concept that mediates selection, goes against the idea that our current order isn't the best current order.

they were so butt hurt by darwin that in soviet russia the biologists practiced lysenkoism evolution.

>>2466628
soviet biologists even denied darwinian evolution in favour of lysenkoism kind.
>>
>>2466666
Yup. Despised Christians. Loved Catholics. Wanted to kill Jews.

In other words, Hitler wanted to finish what the Catholic church started. The genocide of both Jews and Catholics.
>>
>>2466637
Lies and slander. I love God but I believe that he directed evolution in order to give us a better home planet.
>>
Why is it so hard to understand that God created evil? He let satan roam the Earth on purpose. Islam addresses this.
>>
>>2466159
>>2466183
Religious debates, damas y caballeros
>>
>>2466873
God created free will, God allowed man to choose to stray from Him
>>
>>2466034
Definitely doesn't have an agenda behind it.
>>
>All these zealots going muh god works in mysterious ways to avoid any criticism
>>
>>2466185
really clonks your noggin that the hindus are so much higher than Muslim, Jew, or Buddhist minorities

>inb4 t.pajeet
>>
>>2467093
>I need to know and understand everything in order to live a happy life
>>
>>2466873
1. Because evil is not a created thing, but a warped, perverted and twisted good thing; and
2. Because God is not the author of evil.
>>
>>2467107
Yes? Are you this anti-intellectual?
>>
>>2466669
All Catholics are catholics.

All Christians are christians.

Very simple way to remember that.

Google "Nazi war criminals" and "Vatican ratlines" and learn something today.

War criminals are people who violate the Laws of Land Warfare.

Vatican ratlines are how Nazi war criminals went from Europe to Argentina, etc.
>>
>>2467114
Which laws did the Nazis violate?
Where was this shown?
>>
File: RAGEEEEE.png (538KB, 680x554px) Image search: [Google]
RAGEEEEE.png
538KB, 680x554px
>>2465942
>"homosexual" didn't even exist as a proper term until the past century

>Ancient Greece apparently knew what homophobia was and had words for it and other post-modern terms

Okay, what bitchy millennial wrote this bullshit?
>>
>>2464659
Not that I disagree with the general message, but does it make since that he'd be talking about "god" like that even though the Greeks were polytheistic and the Greek gods themselves were shown as imperfect and not necessarily benevolent anyway?
>>
>>2465942
>Ancient Greek philosopher
>Using "Old Testament"
Hurr Durr
>>
File: 1470037043033.jpg (13KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1470037043033.jpg
13KB, 400x384px
>>2465942
>>
>>2467678
>Epicurus dies BC
>you don't even mention that he says "old testement"
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.