[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is terrorism justified if it's intended to protect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6438.jpg (31KB, 416x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6438.jpg
31KB, 416x354px
Is terrorism justified if it's intended to protect the environment?
>>
from my point of view the environment is evil
>>
That's way too vague a question, it depends on the specifics like a million other things.
>>
>>2462786
>protecting the environment
>good
>>
Avalanche get out. The shinra is here to protect us.
>>
>>2462786
>Justified

I'll just say terrorism in any form is not likely to get much sympathy from anyone, even people who might agree with your viewpoint. As soon as you draw neutral forces into your conflict, even if a "bad guy" is using them as a shield, you're going to upset people.

Terrorism and rebellion will almost certainly make you an enemy in the eyes of everyone regardless of the goals or intentions, so the question instead is, "Is it worth becoming a pariah to the world in order to accomplish this goal?" and "Do I have a chance of success with these methods?" If the answer is no to either of these questions, then terrorism is not a good move.
>>
>>2462786
Terrorism might be justified in some cases it however inevitably accomplishes nothing.
>>
File: Ozymandias_01.jpg (22KB, 250x331px) Image search: [Google]
Ozymandias_01.jpg
22KB, 250x331px
Is terrorism justified if it's intended to save the human race from total annihilation?
>>
File: 2eb.png (26KB, 432x239px) Image search: [Google]
2eb.png
26KB, 432x239px
Is any act -- during which violence is initiated -- justified?

If one holds themselves as the basic unit of value, then to initiate violence/force against another individual is a moral wrong, since destroying another's existence/means of subsistence is something that no other individual wants done to them (outside of extreme circumstances or mental illness). Regardless of the act in question or its perceived benefit to others/society as a whole, such an action is immoral and unjustified unless one is responding to force being initiated against them by the individual responsible for said force. Violence being used for political ends usually means that the initiator has lost the argument concerning the subject of his/her political ends.

In terms of the environment, if there is objective proof that damage to the environment has effected the individual's means of subsistence by the harm of his/her property or person, such violent action is still unjustified, since the harm is not motiviated by the the intention of harming the individual. For example, if a construction worker accidentally drops a tool while building a structure, and it strikes you on the head, causing you harm, you do not have the right to destroy what he is building, nor do you have the right to assault his person. At the very least you will be payed for damages via the legal arbitration that is applicable to this situation. with terrorism regarding the environment, the issue is that whomever is harming the environment is not performing that action with the intention of harming the environment (and by extension, someone else's property/means of subsistence.

By all means, ask me more if you need more elaboration or if you find a hole in my argument.
>>
Law of nature and socially constructed law are two separate entities.
While socially constructed law is largely affected by the law of nature the same cannot be sad in reverse.

It's all subjective opinion based on moral relativism therefore there is no right answer.
>>
File: 1593572807.jpg (67KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1593572807.jpg
67KB, 1024x576px
Is terrorism justified if it's to overthrow a tyrannical empire?
>>
>>2462786
Nothing justifies a nigger with a gun for a hand.
>>
>>2462884
but what about fuck other people?
>>
>>2462919
Holy shit my sides
>>
File: 1475095968545.png (840KB, 798x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475095968545.png
840KB, 798x1000px
>>2462927

the question is if the use of terrorism is justified when the environment is the subject, which is a question concerning the moral validity of such an action as well as myriad other considerations. I chose to approach this with a moral argument.

your saying of "fuck other people" in the context of my original statement above, is essentially acknowledging that you don't hold yourself or any other person to be of any value whatsoever (as all creatures are, at their base, guided by self interest towards survival). You either think this to be so, or you need to examine your premises sir.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.