[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How quick were people to join Martin Luther's reformation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 2543241-martin_luther.jpg (39KB, 636x640px) Image search: [Google]
2543241-martin_luther.jpg
39KB, 636x640px
How quick were people to join Martin Luther's reformation? Was there a strong hatred towards the Church of Rome even before Martin Luther posted his Ninety-five theses?
>>
>>2460916
Golden opportunity to break vows of celibacy and steal Church property.
>>
>>2460916
He wasn't even the first protestant.
>>
>>2460927
Hussites joined the Moravians who borrowed most of their ideology from Lutheranism along with some pietist influences. Some joined the Lutheran Church also.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 536x628px)
image.jpg
125KB, 536x628px
Jesus called his sheep from the jaws of the roman she-wolf, and his sheep listened to him.
>>
>>2460922
Neither of these things happened until years into the Reformation.
>>2460947
The Waldensians also joined the Calvinists. I never heard what the Lollards did though, i'm guessing they probably joined the Church of England to reform it.
>>2460968
This
>And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
>>
Generally the further away from Italy you were, the less attention the Pope paid to your area, the more likely you were to sign up.

A German serf spending 1/3rd to 1/2 his annual salary buying his mother out of the fires of Purgatory was more likely to go Protestant than the family of Italian nobles who received those church funds from their second son they sent into the priesthood.
>>
>>2461700
So why did Ireland, Bavaria and West Germany stayed Catholic, huh?
>>
Why did Ireland stay loyal to Catholicism, I'm guessing it was a front to the English?
>>
>>2461716
>>2461709
Hive mind :o
>>
>>2460927
Sure but he defined the movement. No one claims he's the first person to try to split from an authoritative, centralize church (or churches in the case of Orthodoxy)
>>
>>2460916
Where his predecessors had failed, Luther or indeed any other who would have tried to reform Christianity was bound to succeed.

The time had come.
>>
>>2461709
Ireland remained Catholic because England and Scotland both went Protestant, so they used "being Catholic" as one way to maintain their national identity in the face of a prolonged genocide.

Bavaria is heavily influenced by Austria, and West Germany by France; two (eventually) centralized monarchies that used a single religion as a way to unite their country from several feudal states into one. For various reasons they decided on Catholicism, although France almost did go Protestant (Henry IV).
>>
>>2461716
Yes
>>2461729
Luther also had the advantage of the Printing Press, rising literacy, and a sympathetic sovereign who was tired of Rome draining his Princedom of money.
>>
>>2461730
>Paris is worth a mass
Filthy fucking traitor is burning in hell
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.