[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Keynesianism consumerism? If so, in what sense, and is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: kyenes teaser.jpg (893KB, 2060x1236px) Image search: [Google]
kyenes teaser.jpg
893KB, 2060x1236px
Is Keynesianism consumerism? If so, in what sense, and is that bad or good?
>>
File: so5.png (153KB, 610x298px) Image search: [Google]
so5.png
153KB, 610x298px
Kenyesianism is trash.
>>
Keynesianism is a input-output way of looking at economics. Anytime you view economics through the lens of the quantity theory, you are objectively viewing it in a simplistic way.

He has dependent and independent variables for his system as well. Read his work, it's unbelievably well mapped out. It is consumption based, so in a way yes I would agree. That's what makes his economic system interesting, it is based on increasing consumption, to a lower degree the more you invest.
>>
>>2457482
Its the only method that has ever worked
>>
>>2457519
Exactly.

Keynesianism is based on government implementation. Austrian economics is based on nothing but predictions about stock markets crashing and the gold standard.

To be completely honest, Carl Menger and Ludwig Von Mises are the only redeemable economists.
>>
>>2457531
*Austrian economists

Hell, in order to understand Keynes' theories or some of Fisher's work you would need to have read Menger.
>>
>>2457519
>>2457531

It's working great today right?

Keynesianism has proven it doesn't work over and over.
>>
>>2457549
Again, it's the only reason the economy was what it was during the post WWii period. The New Deal, followed Keynesian slump-reducing strategy.

Keynesian policy influenced the recovery of the economy following the housing crisis.
>>
>>2457557

What recovery are you talking about?

We're in a zero/negative post-crisis period, the only thing expanding is debt.
>>
>>2457565
Keynesian policies engendered a period of great prosperity.

Now, we are left with the task of trying to explain to regards like you that strictly lowering the interest rate and expanding bank credits would geometrically lower the value of the monetary unit, as Keynes said.

Lets be honest here, Keynesian economic policy works better with smaller government. His policy of lowering wages to create a wide disparity between the interest rate and marginal efficiency of capital is something to be admired.
>>
>>2457575

Where's this prosperity? We've seen exactly zero prosperity since mid 2006 pretty much. We've seen more and more government spending however and an economy that becomes more dependent on debt (and government).
>>
>>2457597
Debt has been growing continuously since the trading companies in England were paid off by sinking funds because government exigencies required them to have the repayments postponed through continuances of debt repayments. Seemingly, we have a pile of continually growing interest repayments that goes away slower than they come in.

This isn't an issue of what side your on, it is a fundamental flaw in economics. Neither Republicans nor Democrats have been able to change this pattern. Your retarded bipolar mind has to think of Keynesianism probably because you like Austrian economics.

Now could you please tell me the difference between Neoclassical and Keynesian economics so I know I'm speaking with someone who knows what the duck they are talking about?
>>
Keyneism stops working when you have a fiat reserve currency.
>>
>>2457717
A 'fiat reserve currency'? What does this even mean?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.