[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me a quick rundown on Crash Course. They play these videos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: crash course.jpg (304KB, 1771x656px) Image search: [Google]
crash course.jpg
304KB, 1771x656px
Give me a quick rundown on Crash Course. They play these videos in public schools. I know that they had to take some videos down because they were full of inaccuracies. How are they for the most part?
>>
Watch them if you are six and interested in history. Any older buy a book.
>>
>>2455902
Fun, but liberal.
I haven't watched any since this past US election became a thing, because I know the virtue signaling and outrage will reach unprecedented levels.

I loved lit, and history. Hank Green is my least faovurite guy.

Basically, watch pre 2016 episodes.
>>
>>2455914
/thread

Also, I feel like Dan Carlin would beat John Green in a fight, despite being like twice as old.
>>
>>2455996
>virtue signaling
You're either don't know the meaning of the word or is extremely paranoid if you find virtue signalling in Crash Course.
>>
Nobody in this world is good except Jesus. We are all flawed sinners with no hope of being good. Trump said all Mexicans are rapists. This is true. We are all rapists. Nobody is a virgin. Nobody is innocent. Not the elderly nor the infants. This is absolutely true. To be good is to control. Free will dictates that we are Gods. This is a satanic belief. There is one God, ruling from outside of this world. All the perceived forces in this world are derivative. Jesus perfectly transcended those worldly forces and was one with them because he worshiped the source of the forces, not the forces themselves which are derivative. We are not good because we worship the world and its forces instead of the outside source of them. Since God controls us, the only thing we can do is beg him to let us repent for fear that he will damn us instead of saving us.
>>
File: john_green.png (724KB, 675x616px) Image search: [Google]
john_green.png
724KB, 675x616px
>>2455902
More like Trash Course, check out Jabzy or Extra History if you want good history from Youtube.
>>
>>2456043
We can rightly say Christ in us makes Christianity work (Colossians 1:27). He must be the center of faith, or our Christianity is but a useless facade. Why be a Christian? The reason is so we can enjoy a spiritual relationship with God and Jesus Christ now, and receive eternal salvation in the resurrection.
>>
>>2456050
The Apostle Peter gives us some very direct instructions formed in his first letter, I Peter, Chapter 4, verse 16. First he warns us not to be a murderer, or a thief, or an evil doer, or a busy-body in other peoples business. (This is in verse 15). Following these statements he says: "Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf".
>>
File: seriously.png (65KB, 137x222px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
65KB, 137x222px
>>2456051
>>2456059
>>2456036
This Christposting meme is getting annoying. Fuck off, nobody is falling for it
>>
>>2456063
Sinner
>>
>>2456063
the Bible says, “Slaves, obey your human masters with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ.” Eph. 6:5
>>
There's nothing wrong with Crash Course if you take it as an interesting introductory material to give you a gist, rather than being a fuckwit who takes youtube videos as gospel.

I'm totally fine with kids being shown crash course world history if it gets them interested in history, but what I think school doesn't do enough of is illustrate that you should always have your bullshit-o-meter on when being told history and also learn how to check ANY secondary source for validity.
>>
>>2456094
Don't even try and get in a Bible war with me, I serve as the ordained pastor of the Lutheran Church of Hope. This is a chance for me to write about some of the things I think about related to God, being a pastor, and life in general. This is my own opinions and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of all or any of the people I serve, the ELCA, or anyone else, but me.
>>
File: 1488662830127.png (226KB, 373x338px) Image search: [Google]
1488662830127.png
226KB, 373x338px
>>2456102
>>
>>2456013
>Also, I feel like Dan Carlin would beat John Green in a fight, despite being like twice as old.

A child would beat John Green in a fight. He's the epitome of everything people hate about 'nu-males', the weakness and passiveness backed by smugness and condescension.
>>
please stop; this thread is about Crash Course
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.