[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pictures on the right - Samogitia/ Żmudź Picture on the left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 765px-Rzeczpospolita_voivodships.png (280KB, 1535x553px) Image search: [Google]
765px-Rzeczpospolita_voivodships.png
280KB, 1535x553px
Pictures on the right - Samogitia/ Żmudź
Picture on the left - Lithuania

The official language of Grand Dutchy of Lithuania was proto-belorusian and latin lately Polish as well
Most of Lithuanian spoke only in Polish or Rus language
Wilno until Soviet Union conquer it was Polish and Jewish city

So why we don't call modern "Lithuania" Former Soviet Republic of Lithuania like everyone does with "Macedonia"?
>>
>>2454088
t. butthurt Belorussian

Just because you don't have history of your own it does not give you the right to steal our history. Lithuanians were Pagans who turned Catholic. You're and Orthodox Russian. You are not Baltic. These are the facts. Now kys.
>>
>>2454110
>steal our history
I am Poles and you are the one who steal history my Samogitianian friend
>>
>>2454088

Why did the Belarussians have Lithuanian kings?
>>
>Vilnius, the capital, was located in "Samogitia" (as per even OP's map)
>Grand Dukes of Lithuania had "Samogitian" names
>but it became a Polish city after centuries under the Poland-Lithuania commonwealth, therefore it wasn't a "Samogitian" city during the period of the Grand Duchy

Wow, really makes you think.
>>
>>2454140
So you're triggered about Vilnius, a city which you illegally annexed when the Russian Empire fell?
>>
>>2454154
The Poles flocked to the city but the peasantry around it were all Lithuanian. This is what upsets us the most about the Commonwealth. The Poles did their best to Polonise us instead of providing an equal partnership. Then they cry when we had enough and kicked them out.
>>
>>2454088
Because FYROM thing is wrong and it should be Macedonia.
Also because nobody will be willing to use Soviet in name of their country (or refer to other country that way , unless Russia).
Also Soviet Union and Yugoslavia was completely different thing.
Macedonia was named that way only because of Greece butthurt who also had claim on Macendonia thing, no similar situation here.

>>2454140
Przez takich idiotów jak ty mamy zjebane relacje z dawnymi członkami Rzeczpospolitej.
>>
>>2454166
>the Poles did their best to Polonise us instead of providing an equal partnership.

And by "their best" you mean they literally did nothing as the Lithuanian upper classes (that is to say, everyone who wasn't an illiterate peasant, German, or Jewish) slowly Polonized themselves completely voluntarily.

There have been many countries a strong record of oppressing other cultures and policies aimed at assimilating people by force but the Commonewealth was not one of them. (At least not with regard to Lithuania, Ruthenia and Orthodox areas in general were a bit of a different story).
>>
File: jab.jpg (19KB, 428x344px) Image search: [Google]
jab.jpg
19KB, 428x344px
>>2454173
>Polish-Lithuanian relations are bad because of internet banter and not because we attacked them in 1919 to take Wilno and Suwałki and because the rejection of Polishness and Polonized elites were central issues in their nationalist revival

Read some Voldemaras ok?
>>
>>2454142
They had only Polish king
Beside nationality of king =/ nationality of his subjects

>>2454154
>Vilnius, the capital, was located in "Samogitia" (as per even OP's map)
it is not

>Grand Dukes of Lithuania had "Samogitian" names
They also had Polish, Swedish and German name too

>but it became a Polish city after centuries under the Poland-Lithuania commonwealth, therefore it wasn't a "Samogitian" city during the period of the Grand Duchy
It was never Samogitian until now but it is only Stalin's fault
Real Lithuania was multicultural country. Samogitians was only small part of this big nationality (smaller than Poles btw.)

>>2454157
>illegally
Żeligowski and his lithuanian army seced from Poland, beat Semigalians (which was occupy they capital city) and then proclamate own state and this state democratically decided to enter union with Poland. :)

>Then they cry when we had enough and kicked them out.
We? You mean Russian or Germany?

>>2454173
>Przez takich idiotów jak ty mamy zjebane relacje z dawnymi członkami Rzeczpospolitej.

Nie żeby coś ale Litwini i Ukraińcy nas nienawidzą a to my jesteśmy tymi bogatszymi więc nie widzę sensu płaszczyć się przed nimi skoro oni na nas plują
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.