[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe I am an uneducated nincompoop, maybe I am just dense, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 3mLydMU.jpg (42KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.jpg
42KB, 600x494px
Maybe I am an uneducated nincompoop, maybe I am just dense, but can anyone explain to me what are those "burgoise values" each and every writer and philosopher since the Industrial Revolution has bitched (and some still do) about?

They are not even only Marxists either, soo...
>>
>>2453824
>burgoise
That's just the French way of saying burgers, or American values if you will.
>>
>>2453824
Bourgeoise means urban. So urban values. Materialistic culture, meritocracy, obsession with money, soullesness, that kind of shit.
>>
>>2453824
Might not be right about this but lemmie take a stab at it. During the turn of the industrial revolution, the bourgeoisie became the ruling class, replacing the aristocrats during the feudal times. So I'd assume "bourgeoise values" is a vague term for the ruling class' value system, basically the values that >>2453841 described
>>
>>2453841
>Soullessness

Wut
>>
>>2453841
No
>>
>>2453873
I thought about that, but it makes me wonder why part of this ruling classe felt the need to go against their own equals.

I mean, the only piece of literature I can think of criticizing aristocratic values is "The Day" by Giuseppe Parini, but he was a commoner, and he pretty much said the same accusations others after him will repeat endlessly about the bourgoises (materialism; soullessness and hypocrisyy) are just standard accusations.
>>
>>2453824
Being preoccupied with entirely material matters: the accumulation of wealth, intellectual and artistic endeavors solely as a way to achieve higher social status, hedonism, pursuit of power for selfish gains.
>>
>>2453901
What do you mean? Do you mean that the bourgeoisie is equal to the aristocrats?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.