[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the greatest and most important artists of the 20th century,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: stockhausen.jpg (43KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
stockhausen.jpg
43KB, 350x350px
One of the greatest and most important artists of the 20th century, Karlheinz Stockhausen, thinks that 9/11 is the greatest work of art of all time.

>Karlheinz Stockhausen, whose shocking remarks at a press conference at a music festival in Hamburg six days after the attacks made headlines. The events of 9/11, he’d enthused, were “the greatest work of art imaginable for the whole cosmos.” Things had gone from bad to worse to incendiary when, like Batman’s Joker, he warmed to his theme: “Minds achieving something in an act that we couldn’t even dream of in music, people rehearsing like mad for ten years, preparing fanatically for a concert, and then dying; just imagine what happened there. You have people who are that focused on a performance and then 5,000 people are dispatched to the afterlife, in a single moment. I couldn’t do that. By comparison, we composers are nothing.”

Do you agree with him?
>>
File: IMG_0623.jpg (85KB, 408x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0623.jpg
85KB, 408x250px
Children in Syria have been tortured, maimed and sexually abused by Bashar al-Assad's forces and recruited for combat by the rebels fighting to topple him during the country's conflict of almost three years, a new UN report says.

The report, which highlights the treatment of children in the conflict from the beginning of the uprising against the president in March 2011 until 15 November 2013, was released this week to the security council and posted on the UN website on Tuesday.
>>
It's a very bold comparison and took balls to say.
The same goes for any of the historical tragedies humans have experienced.
What sets 9/11 apart from other tragedies?

Nothing really, which makes me wonder why he chose 9/11 to compare with the art of musical composition.

My conclusion is he hates America for reasons unrelated to music or 9/11 and is using this opportunity to convey his opinion on a public scale.

Virtue signalling of sorts.
>>
>>2452588

the majority of his fervent critics have to reconcile their emotional reaction with the fact that they probably believe the victims went to heaven, proving him right

even if you believe the Third Reich was an atrocity committed by monsters, if you don't think it was spectacularly crafted you simply haven't studied it enough
>>
I think he's a fucking mentally ill literally-who, and being considered one of the "most important artists of the 20th century" is practically a guarantee that you are a snake oil salesman.
>>
>>2452604
Surprisingly, if you read into him he is pretty nazi-ish/elitist and edgy to his hippy contemporaries.

>>2452612
He is a pioneer of electronic music and other art. He is on the cover of a Beatles album even.
>>
>>2452588
>of all time.
"All time" is quite a long time.

9/11, particularly the image of the two burning towers, is powerful, the planning and execution does was very sophisticated, and it had quite an impact,

but so did many more other purposefully created events in the thousands of years of human history, and more importantly, so will many future events. Just think of terrorists stealing a nuke. Oh, the possibilities!
>>
>>2452588
>One of the greatest and most important artists of the 20th century
>Stockhausen
"no"
>>
cump
>>
File: image_0.jpg (64KB, 640x618px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
64KB, 640x618px
>greatest artist
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.