[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason why equality of outcome is a bad thing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1485725936119.jpg (672KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485725936119.jpg
672KB, 1280x960px
Give me one good reason why equality of outcome is a bad thing.

No one deserves to be happier than anyone else. Either we should all be happy, or we should all be miserable.
>>
>>2450717
Because we can all be happy without all being equal. I would rather have an unequal world where the lowest man is happier than every man in the equal world. I know this is hyperbole but I think my point is clear. Absolute happiness is more important than relative happiness
>>
>>2450717
Equality has nothing to do with happiness. If anything, it prevents it.
>>
>>2450717
>deserves
I take it you are a religious man OP.
>>
>>2450717
Because happiness is relative and equality of outcome is impossible precisely because of this.
>>
Because hierarchy is a human natural so producing equality of outcome would require doing an immense amount of violence to humanity. See: Gulag.
>>
Equality of outcome is an abhorrent affront to natural law as life's continuity from the single cellular organism to today is predicated on unequal outcomes producing superior species
>>
>>2450864
Except everyone is riding on the sacrifices of previous generations.
>>
I don't know about equality of outcome but a certain guarantee of a bare minimum seems to be reasonable given our overall level of tech and availability of resources.
>>
File: 1488258593648.jpg (44KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1488258593648.jpg
44KB, 500x334px
>>2450869
Not him but how does that refute the point?
>>
>>2450981
You better have a damn good reason to live better than Jesus.
>>
>>2450717
>deserves
you dun goofed
>>
>>2450717
One is achievable, the other is not. If I have to be miserable with rest of you, I will fuck you over if I can. People are foremost responsible for themselves.
>>
>>2450717
>why equality of outcome is a bad thing
Frustrated inadequate people need to feel superior. There is no share, fair and care in superiority.
>>
>>2450717
Nobody "deserves" anything other than a baseline quality of life.

Equality of opportunity is a noble goal. Not equality of outcome, because you'd have to pull down those who excel in order to prop up the unproductive and incompetent.

You'd be actively discouraging excellence and destroying meritocracy.
>>
>>2451689
Material outcome is not the same as contribution to society.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.