[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excluding ww2. Has there ever been a huge, ""pan""-asian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0177.png (420KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.png
420KB, 1200x1200px
Excluding ww2. Has there ever been a huge, ""pan""-asian war in which a lot of countries were involved and fought? Kind of like europes 30 years war and ww1.

I'm obviously not thinking that the whole of asia would ever fight each other at the same time, but i'm simply wondering what wars has been the "closest" to that.
>>
Mongol conquests
>>
>Middle East
>India Subcontinent
>Central Asia

Lumped all of these into a single name is a misake
>>
>>2449337
*mistake
>>
>>2449337
This

Asia is basically like 4 or 5 Europes together, they are only lumped together because of eurocentrism
>>
>>2449347
Blame the Greeks for this. Basically they used that name to call the land at the east side of Aegean sea.
>>
>>2449322
Ming dynasty 1400s & longs. Read the wiki entry on the history of Mongolia. Was an intense train ride. Also the admirals fleet decommission at the point China forever lost its tier one superpower status.
>dismantled god tier global dominance fleet out of fear of revolution from an enriched merchant class against the ruling aristocracy coping mean karma from the north.
Check the ming dynasty trips to Africa. Xian dominance half the globe for the time.
>>
>>2449371
Mongs not longs excuse my phones freudian stock market slip
>>
>>2449369
For them it made sense

Its just retarded that Europeans names the world "Europe, the shit east of Europe (Asia), the shit south of Europe (Africa), the shit west of Europe (America)"

Well America and Africa actually make sense geographically but considering Europe a actual continent is just stupid
>>
http://afe.easia.columbia.edu/special/china_1000ce_mingvoyages.htm
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-03-23-29-57.png (149KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-03-23-29-57.png
149KB, 480x854px
>>
>>2449401
The name "Europe" existed since ancient times. In Herodotuc's books, he wrote that the border of Europe is from Don river to Gibraltar strait.
>>
>>2449499
That doesn't make any more of a continent, more like separating north from south africa.
>>
>>2449371
>>2449377
>>2449454
>>2449458
That's pretty neat.
>>
>>2449526
Continents are purely social convention. The East shares is being slavish, cowardly, weak-willed, loving despotic rule, effeminate, and lovers of luxury. This alone bines them to eternity as asians.
>>
>>2449846
>Continents are purely social convention
What? They're determined by geography you numnut
>>
>>2451912
Not really. Continents as a notion existed centuries before we had any knowledge of tectonic plates.
>>
>>2449322
No and there probably will never be one due to geographic boundaries. The closest things are the mongol conquests(though looking at them as one war seems weird) and the great game which was more or less a cold war between South and North Asia that included Central, Eastern, and Western Asia as a playing ground.
>>
File: imjin siege.jpg (126KB, 736x531px) Image search: [Google]
imjin siege.jpg
126KB, 736x531px
Imjin War was pretty neat desu
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.