[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Germany have the largest immigrant population of Turks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Dresden_Yenidze2.jpg (849KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
Dresden_Yenidze2.jpg
849KB, 2576x1932px
Why does Germany have the largest immigrant population of Turks in the world? What's the history behind it?

This is not a /pol/ thread. I'm genuinely interested in German-Turkish relations.
>>
>>2449084
Because a lot of German men got killed in the war and Germany had a shortage of labor, so German government invited them as (((guest workers))) in the 50s and 60s.
>>
>>2449084.
didn't they fight on the same side during world war I?
>>
>>2449084
Guest workers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastarbeiter

In short, there was so much growth in the 60-70s that West-Germany ran out of labour. To help the new strategic Nato-ally Turkey (And also a bit Morocco), Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Sweden and Norway agreed to take in the poorest of the poorest Turks as guest workers, give them german-wages which they could send back to their families and also spread western culture to the turkish lower-class.

This worked out perfectly for both parties, until the economic miracle wore off. Instead of returning home where there were no good jobs, the Turks helped their families to Germany through the Family-Unification programs, and suddenly the Turkish population had quintupled.

Because the turks intitally invited were the poorest of the poorest, the cultural shock with was especially hard, and many retreated into ghettos (Buildings they had ironically buildt)

This is why these particular European countries can have absolutely insane immigration policies. In Denmark for example, you'll have a social worker come an check if you're more culturally associated with Danish or your home culture if you want family reunification.

ALOT of people have felt betrayed by the guest workers, it's a prime example of goodwill immigration policies being abused.
>>
>>2449091
>>2449084

Not quite - basically western germany was tiny and needed more people to build industrial capacity equivalent to larger eastern german industry, so they imported lots of turks. Coincidentally, they were less able to unionise and do other commie things.

tl;dr: Turkmen strong, germen weak.
>>
>>2449084

Over half of those Turks are actually Kurds who are usually reported as Turks because they are from Turkey;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds_in_Germany
>>
>>2449262
>Kurds
Oh, the horror.
Now i feel bad for both turks and germans
>>
>>2449084
Goddam Khazar infecting the supirior aryan blood.
>>
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/debatten/integration/gastarbeiter-die-kunst-des-missverstehens-11502703.html

We must not forget the role of the NATO. One flank was secured by Turkey which needed help modernizing and also had a massive plus of cheap labour that had to be exported to relieve the political situation directly after the putsch. The military there demanded to be able to partake in European prosperity. Thus the US put pressure on Western Germany to accept the deal that brought 400k Turks to Germany when the shortage was 100k people.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.