[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching this podcast >realize I have to pay 15 dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 600x600bb.jpg (158KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600bb.jpg
158KB, 600x600px
>watching this podcast
>realize I have to pay 15 dollars to see 3 episodes that he's randomly put behind a paywall spread out across the podcast

well that's fucking disappointing
>>
>charging money for a podcast
??????
>>
>>2446744
he's got 3 episodes that are 5 dollars each, labeled "fundraising episodes"
>>
>>2446761
Can't he just collect donations and sell shirts like a normal person?
>>
>>2445940
>listening to a fucking audiobook
>not even a popular history book for entry level plebs that doesn't have footnotes since they might confuse

You don't deserve to be on this board.
>>
the golden age of the internet is fast coming to an end, another decade or so everything will be behind a paywall with seal tight drm
>>
>>2445940
>watching audio content
>paying for a podcast
LMAO what are you doing???
>>
>>2446825
well obviously instead of paying I went on 4chan to bitch about i
>>
>>2445940
what is this pls give link
>>
>>2446933
The History of Byzantium
>>
>>2446950
Are the episodes behind paywalls important or are they just extra content?
>>
>>2446961
they're important.

smack dab right in the middle of the overall narrative and they continue the story that you will be confused as fuck about if you try to skip since they're integral to the storyline. They're not some "special" episodes about some specific thing, they're full-on episodes that are required in order to follow the story.
>>
>>2447060
Shit, maybe they're on piratebay or something idk?
>>
>>2447069
nope, just checked
>>
I see it as quite the fucking betrayal that this board has recommended this podcast in almost every podcast thread that it's relevant in, and yet NOBODY has ever mentioned that there are important episodes hidden behind a paywall
>>
>>2447110
try soulseek
>>
>>2447169
what is it, just another torrent program? Does it have it's own torrent list? All I see on google is a download link, is the search function embedded in the application or something?
>>
>>2447146
Nobody has listened to more than five episodes because Robin is boring as fuck.
>>
>>2446777
>implying anyone on this board reads
>>
>>2445940
It's why I stopped. I think one of the Irene episodes is behind a paywall and that was a story I was really looking forward too. Anything involving the main narrative should, in no way, be paywalled. Keep that shit to extra content.

Or even more reasonably, just start a Patreon. No having to paywall your content and you can do a handful of bonus episodes once a year as a fundraiser. I've actually wondered why someone like he or Mike Duncan don't go the Patreon route. I'd feel it's warranted, would be willing to pay to support them and it feels like it'd be the easier, more stable route than having to rely on annual fundraisers to last you through the year.
>>
>look into how to buy the episode
>need to register and sign in
>registration and sign in pages have no HTTPS
wow, really? You can get a literally free certificate from LetsEncrypt.
>>
>>2447188
it's an old school p2p sharing type program

it's really good though
>>
>>2447706
explain mister hacker god
>>
>>2448101
It means the connection is not secure so someone else on the same network could read anything you enter into the page, including your password, or someone could set up a fake page that looks like the login page and trick you into giving them your password.
>>
So did nobody on /his/ who recommended this series really get those episodes? At the very least does anybody have episode 28, since that sits right in the middle of the narrative of Justinian I and its absence is really infuriating?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.