[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might be a bit high-brow for /his/, but here's a philosophical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 7884933.jpg (197KB, 953x797px) Image search: [Google]
7884933.jpg
197KB, 953x797px
This might be a bit high-brow for /his/, but here's a philosophical conundrum.
If you could press a button that made you 2 points more attractive on the current tenscale, but made all your peers of your gender 3 points more attractive on the (current) tenscale, would you press it?
If you think you're already as attractive as is possible, indulge the hypothetical scenario and assume there's no ceiling for pretty/handsomeness
>>
>>2438956
Of course

Things can't get much worse for me anyway.
>>
>would you choose an option that will improve your life and the lives of others?

Is this a joke OP?
>>
>>2438956
Attractiveness is relative and assuming the growth is linear it won't help.

It will only help those comparable in attractiveness to me.

So answer to your question is "Yes, I like me some challenge."
>>
>>2438985
>improve your life
only if you live in a vacuum. You'd be relatively uglier than you were before. You'd only be more attractive in an absolute sense.
>>
>>2438956
Assume I've 8 points and everyone else in the world has 9 points, I'd still push it so I had 11 and everyone else 12.
Same if I had 1 points and everyone else 9 points, me ending up with 3 points and everyone else 11.

The only reason anyone wouldn't do it was because they didn't see it as fair and as such wouldn't do it out of spite.

There's a psychological experiment related to this where 2 people are asked to share 100 dollars. One person will say a number only once, and the other one can either accept it or refuse it. If he refuse, no one gets anything.

A lot of people will split it 50/50 even if the rational thing for the one deciding the sum would be to give himself 99 dollars while the other one gets 1 dollar. The rational thing would be to accept it since 1 is more than 0 yet a lot of people refuse because they don't find it fair.
>>
>>2439009
Not comparable.
A more fair equivalence is if you pushed a button and EVERYONE ELSE got 200 dollars, and you got 100 dollars. You'd objectively be poorer because of the inflation/adjustment of value.
>>
File: nootka.png (11KB, 631x105px)
nootka.png
11KB, 631x105px
>>2438956
>gender

Oh, yes...
>>
>>2438956
definitely not
i'd say i am 8/10 while the average person is 5/10
then i become 10/10 but everyone else is 8/10
not good

put it this way : it's better to be good-looking in a world of ugly people, than great-looking in a world of handsome people
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.