[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when the Nazis were captured, they conducted IQ tests on their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1221.png (34KB, 226x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1221.png
34KB, 226x471px
So when the Nazis were captured, they conducted IQ tests on their top leaders.

The IQs of 21 defendants in the Nuremberg trials were measured in 1945 by Gustave Gilbert, an American psychologist who studied the prisoners extensively. The test used was the Wechsler-Bellevue (in German). The scores were as follows:

[Pic related]

The average IQ of them is 128, just short of two standard deviations above the mean of 100. To put it into perspective two standard deviations below the mean of 100 would be the average of a country like Angola or Sudan(Africa). None of these men had below average intelligence. Depending on the scaling the majority were considered geniuses or near geniuses.

I find it difficult to believe that these IQs were overestimated. IQ tests leave relatively little room for biased interpretation on the part of the psychologist (of course blatant dishonesty is always possible), besides, Gilbert was Jewish and if anything biased against the Nuremberg defendants.

Needless to say, it would have been possible for the defendants to intentionally get lower results, but unless the test was poorly administered and they managed to cheat, it was impossible for them to fake a higher IQ. If anything, they might have had a slight incentive to fake a very low IQ, which might have been construed as an extenuating circumstance, but none of them tried that obviously.
>>
>>2431805
Did Speer get his IQ tested?
>>
The ruling elite of any government will have a higher iq, it's just the way it works.
>>
>>2431805
Poor brainlet Streicher :(
>>
>>2431805

Guess it sucks that IQ tests aren't a factor in actual intelligence. Otherwise MENSA would be full of top tier scientists and geniuses of all sorts (it isn't).
>>
These aren't elected officials, they're the technocratic elite of Germany at the time. Probably explains their unrelenting autism, as well. Take a spread of Western doctors, university officials, and top military personnel and you'd probably find the same.
>>
>>2431837
Oh boy here we go

>340 replies and 96 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>2431824
no its how its suppose to work but even a rudimentary look at global politics at the moment indicates otherwise.
>>
File: IQ-your_proposed_standard.jpg (97KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IQ-your_proposed_standard.jpg
97KB, 900x675px
>>2431805
>IQ tests leave relatively little room for biased interpretation on the part of the psychologist
Not that I think that it was the case here, but as someone who belongs to an organization that dishes out a lot of IQ tests each years, some testers do regularly bring in higher scores than others. The IQ test isn't the hard-and-fast thing we like to pretend it is, it can vary wildly with who gives it, or what time of day it is taken, or even with what the person ate last.

That said, these numbers are not surprising. Generally folks in top leadership positions are in top first percentile. Regardless of how we tend to view politicians and CEO's they tend to score well, usually coming from a high class upbringing and heavy education (and yes, education actually does affect IQ, heavily, as does occupation). Your average 1970's switchboard operator, for instance, would flatten all of these guys, as that was all about number memorization and pattern recognition. Like anything else with the brain, the more you practice it, the better it gets at it.

It actually surprises me that so many of them are under 125, that's fairly unusual for that group, though I suppose they were different times.
>>
>>2431956
Meh, tired, should clarify it's not that those testers are biased, it's that some test givers put the subjects more at ease than others. Not that it has anything to do with it in this particular case, just pointing out, like all psychology, it's far from a consistent and objective science.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.