[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Ottomans never fully annex the Romanian Principalities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Why did the Ottomans never fully annex the Romanian Principalities? Did they have any actual level of autonomy?
>>
>>2429746
Vassalage basically means you have to pay them taxes and fight for them, it's not being 100% dominated.
>>
>>2429753
But why didn't they annex them fully into the empire? Were their armies particularly formidable?
>>
>>2429768
As vassal they were loyal to them. If Ottos annexe them they would have to deal with possible unrest. Free soldiers+taxes>having to directly control Romanian provinces
>>
>>2429817
But why didn't they vassalize the other areas in Europe?
>>
>>2429844
Politics of the day, I would imagine.
>>
>>2429844
I think they wanted to do it to hungary but circumstances forced them to annex it.
>>
>>2429844

Nobody wants to be a vassal, and the Ottomans weren't strong enough to force capitulation outside their sphere of influence, duh.
>>
>>2429844
They did, but the Hapsburgs and Italians constantly intervened and instigated unrest and rebellion against their puppets, so the Turks would later move in with their own army and governors.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.