[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Africa was never colonized what would it look like? Thousands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0492.png (77KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.png
77KB, 800x799px
If Africa was never colonized what would it look like? Thousands of small tribal states or would they become kings nd shit?
>>
Plenty of kingdoms in pre-colonial Africa. It was the normal form of government apart from a few tribal bumfucks like the Twa and Khoisan and some quasi-democracies like the Tswana.
>>
File: 1475981559902.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475981559902.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>2426223
What-ifs are a useless exercise.
>>
>>2426237
Bareback sex with traps is also a useless exercise
>>
>>2426223
>If Africa was never colonized what would it look like?
What do you mean by this? Arabs, Moors and Portuguese interacted with Africa long before "muh colonialism" as we know it. North Africa, West Africa, the Horn of Africa and the coast obviously had foreign interference which would inevitable lead to at least an attempt of conquest. If those parts of Africa which had rarely interacted with foreigners (I suppose Central Africa and large parts of South Africa's interior) were never colonized they'd look like a bunch of tribal kingdoms.
>>
>>2426244
I heard that 1 in 121 000 000 chance that you can impregnate them and get ass babies.
>>
>>2426263
>Arabs, Moors and Portuguese

Don't you mean just Arabs and Moors?
>>
>>2426263
so kinda like what Papua New Guinea is today?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnN0RurtJWc
>>
>>2426223
It would be a couple of large empires ruling over vast lands of nothing most likely.
>>
>>2426270
The Portuguese were kicking around in central Africa in the mid 15th century
>>
>>2426550
He's calling the Porgies Moors.
>>
>>2427012
once a moorish rape baby, always a moorish rape baby
>>
>>2426223
Growing state structures that would have started mostly in the northern regions (which had had the most contact with outsiders) and those would move southward. There'd probably be domination by a single linguistic group that would wipe out many of the languages
>>
So wait a minute. If the current human race originated from Somalia, then why the heck didn't Africa manage to develop the same way as the Mesopotamian and Italian civilizations?
>>
>>2427074
>Somalia

>>>>>>>>>Somalia
It was Ethiopia/Northern Kenya, you dumbfuck

also, there's a whole long list of factors that held the original Homo sapiens species back in terms of developing Neolithic Agricultural societies, which basically amounts to shitty geography (land that isn't usable, rivers that don't flood reliably, etc). There's also the factor that as time went on, contact with other Neolithic societies helped accelerate development of a society. Well, people struggled to get across the Sahara alive, and nobody from Europe or China really wanted to travel any farther than that.
tl;dr dealt the shittiest hand of all time. It sounds like a cop-out, but it's not.
>>
>>2427074
Why do you assume a location being where humans originate from automatically implies it should have an advanced civilization?
>>
File: Lugan.jpg (42KB, 281x305px) Image search: [Google]
Lugan.jpg
42KB, 281x305px
>>2426223
Bernard Lugan (Who looks like he is about to colonise Africa) is a French authority on all things African. My French is shit but I get the gist of what he is about. He basically says the post-colonial borders of Africa are irrelevant in their current context and should/will inevitably be redrawn around ethnic and tribal lines. I assume things would have remained like he says on a tribal basis. Then again maybe one enterprising tribe would have got muskets and wiped the floor with half the continent who knows
>>
>>2427323
>He basically says the post-colonial borders of Africa are irrelevant in their current context and should/will inevitably be redrawn around ethnic and tribal lines

50+ years and nothing happened. Meanwhile Europe has had border changes and country splits and joins that make a musical chair game seem tame and India had huge border changes into 3 nations.

The border are here to stay, it's too hard to change them, no one outside the place would accept the change regardless like Somaliland despite it being functional
>>
>>2427041
Lol they couldn't even reach south worth a shit because no point and logistics nightmare
>>
>>2427321
Because it would make sense for the place where humans have lived the longest to be the most developed.
>>
It would look exactly like it is now.

Apart from the middle eastern dominated portion of northern Africa, they could not get their shit together to save their lives. Same goes for aborigines who are even WORSE fuckups.
>>
>>2427788
Humans had spread to every major landmass thousands of years before civilizations formed.

Civilization is mostly the product of agriculture, so places with fertile land and easily domesticated plants and animals developed first.
>>
>>2427880
Civilization is actually the product of great men innovating.
>>
>>2427893
I don't care how great you are, you can't un-extinct North America's population of horses, which your distant ancestors hunted to death.

Similarly, you can't just create a crop as efficient as maize, grain, or rice in Australia or subsaharan Africa, or make the soil in your shithole as fertile as the post-glacial till in northern Europe.

Great men are important, but they need tools to work with.
>>
>>2427494
I mean Sudan and South Sudan spilt due to ethnic and religious differences. I mean it took a while but something did finally change in regards to official borders. I could easily see similar things happening in Nigeria.
>>
>>2426223
it will be huga chaga huga chaga intesified
>>
>>2428072
Thats because of American influence.
>>
>>2427804
>, they could not get their shit together to save their lives.

Many parts did though.
>>
Let's create a 100% European White Country and a 100% African Black country and wait 50 years.

Honestly who do you think would fare better?
>>
Could Shaka have united the black people with no whities to get in the way?
>>
>>2430368
This will never happen because the truth is uncomfortable to leftist apologists.
Look at South Africa what they did with only 20% whites.
>>
>>2430425
It must be nice being so dumb lol
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.