[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Dutch praise Canada so much for its effort in liberation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: Canada-Netherlands.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Canada-Netherlands.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
Why do Dutch praise Canada so much for its effort in liberation of their country when they completely ignore British, American and Polish part in liberation of Netherlands?
>>
>>2423183
Weak bait, but I'll bite.

It's because the Canadians were the ones that actually followed through on the liberation. While most of the British and American armies were pushing further into Germany, the Canadian & Polish armies continued to find ways across the rivers.

There's actually pictures and old videos of Canadian tanks driving through my town during the liberation.
>>
>>2423183

Because Canada is likable and those places aren't.
>>
>>2423219
not a bait, I was just curious, and I think Canadians deserve their recognition, but also others deserve too. My grandfather's brother actually died in battle of Breda
>>
>>2423183
>Europeans
>Thanking Britain for any of the multiple time it's saved them
>Ever
>>
>>2423240
Maybe because you attacked our country for no reason several times
>>
>>2423240
>1241, 1683, 1920
We know the feel, bruh
>>
>>2423240

My grandfather was recently made a member of the Légion d'Honneur for his role in D-Day.
>>
>>2423241
you assholes stole our flagship once (assuming you're Dutch). Like, fucking grand theft auto with boats. Besides, you were the ones who wanted to pretend that you're a world power. If you want to play with the big boys don't go crying when you get knocked about.
>>
File: IMG_0122.jpg (50KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0122.jpg
50KB, 324x291px
>>2423183
The Canadians did more then just liberate the Netherlands from Germany. The Canadians liberated the Dutch women of their virginity. Some even left them with children.

These liberated Dutch women then went on to marry Dutch cuckolds. And as we know, behind every man there is a woman pulling their strings with their pussy.

In memory of their orgasmic deflowerings and/or secret children, the Dutch women got the government to praise Canada for all eternity.

Pathetic tbqh.
>>
>>2423183
Those tulips were predestined
>>
>>2423285
Not him, but that was only after you decided to fuck with us in the first place. Talk shit, get shot.
>>
>>2423403
This
>>
>>2423403
Nederfags are pathetic
>>
>>2423403
a few hearty keks
>>
>>2423222
Canada isn't likeable by any means at all. There's nothing even entertaining about its history.
>>
File: 1061_21.gif (34KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
1061_21.gif
34KB, 468x240px
>>2423240
>Britain
>Saved Europe
>>
>>2423403
Germans had the same experience

http://www.rug.nl/news/2015/11/the-sex-appeal-of-the-wehrmacht-soldier-?lang=en
>>
File: Dutch and German cooperation.jpg (285KB, 647x850px) Image search: [Google]
Dutch and German cooperation.jpg
285KB, 647x850px
>>2424878
>>
>>2424882
>>
File: Canada-Netherlands.jpg (30KB, 380x255px) Image search: [Google]
Canada-Netherlands.jpg
30KB, 380x255px
There was also that time during the German occupation that the Dutch royal family fled to Canada. The queen was pregnant, so the Canadians made the hospital room the queen gave birth in sovereign Dutch soil.
>>
During 1945, the First Canadian Army was responsible for liberating the Netherlands, which they did through battles such as the Battle of the Scheldt and the Liberation of Arnhem. The liberation of the Randstad, one of the most densely populated areas in the world, is especially notable because the civilian population there was still suffering from the horrific effects of the Hongerwinter ('Hungerwinter'). It was cut off from food that was available in the rest of the Netherlands. German forces in the Netherlands would finally surrender in Wageningen, on 5 May 1945, but not before some 18,000 Dutch civilians died as a result of starvation and malnutrition (desperate coordinated air drops of food had already been staged by the Royal Canadian Air Force over German-occupied Dutch territory in Operation Manna. Civilians wrote "Thank You Canadians!" on their rooftops in response). Immediately following the surrender, Canadian units were able to move into the Randstad and rapidly distribute desperately needed food supplies, causing many to see the Canadians not only as liberators but as saviours.
>>
>>2424606
>Canada isn't likeable by any means at all.
I see /int/ has shown it's face again. Got pissed by some bad shitpost's, or are you an American?
>>
>>2424887
Girl should be grateful her head wasn't shaved, that smug grin beaten off her face, and interned in a former concentration camp tbqh
>>
>>2424887

Canadian on the right is like "Bro, brooo you gotta have a good pussy game if she's staying loyal to you."
>>
>>2424932
Give me one reason why I should respect the country with a leaf on its flag as a real nation.
>>
>>2425268
Give me one reason why I should respect the opinion of a person behind a computer screen who dislikes a country because of it's flag.
>>
>>2425277
Found the leaf
>>
>>2425308
Yeah, and what country hates me now? Another miserable Canadian that hates their own country? An American or a Frenchman? Russian? Dutch? Come on now, have the balls to tell me why you hate my country.
>>
>>2424878
god imagine how bad their pussies stank
>>
File: 1424336460530.jpg (434KB, 709x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1424336460530.jpg
434KB, 709x1002px
>>2423403
it's just a natural part of liberation my friend :^)
>>
File: 1d3.jpg (100KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1d3.jpg
100KB, 533x800px
>>2425318
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.