[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help me identify to whom those flags belong to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1488080744900.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
1488080744900.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
Can someone help me identify to whom those flags belong to?

I assume one of those flags is Templar or maybe from Genoa?
>>
Mostly variants of crusader states flags such aa kingdom of jerusalem, knights hospitaller, antioch.
>>
Gold cross on white is the Kingdom of Jersualem. True fact, it's one of the one of the only accepted breaches of the heraldic rule of tincture. Jerusalem's considered so holy that normal rules don't apply.

Per pale Sable and Argent is the Templars. Argent a cross Sable is the Teutonic Order. Other banners are either ones I don't recognize or generic Christian banners
>>
>>2422901
>Genoa
>Crusade

Crusaders were almost entirely French, German and English
Genoa, Malta...etc are just LARPers who adopted their flags long after the Crusades
>>
>>2422901
The red cross on white background represented the French
The black cross on white background represented the Germans
And the white cross on red background represented the English (who later adopted the French one as their national flag because frogs had earned much more glory than them in the fighting and their crusading flag had thus a greater prestige than the English one)
>>
>>2422901
I see french, german, english, Antioch, and Jerusalem.
>>
>>2423873
Sources please. And yes, I am saying that because I'm a triggered anglo
>>
>>2423863
Genoese crossbowmen were present during the crusades though...
>>
>>2423899
>Henry II of England and Philip II of France agreed to go on a crusade, and that Henry would use a white cross and Philip a red cross. 13th-century authorities are unanimous on the point that the English king adopted the white cross, and the French king the red one (and not vice versa as suggested by later use). It is not clear at what point the English exchanged the white cross for the red-on-white one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_England
>>
>>2423947
Nothing about the French being better than the English. So there
>>
>>2423958
Of course it's not gonna be in the wiki, but it's the obvious reason
Why do you think the red cross on white bg is the symbol of the Crusades in popular mindset and not the white one on red bg?
French were the big guys of the Crusades, anyone who studied that period knows that
There's a reason why the two greatest Crusading orders (Templars and Hospitallers) were French (and the third one, Teutonics, was German)
There's a reason why a French noble was chosen to be King of Jerusalem and why French was the official language of the Crusaders states in the Levant
England was a lackluster in the Crusades compared to French and Germans
>>
What movie?
>>
>>2423972
Kingdom of Heaven. Dunno how historically accurate it is but I really enjoyed it
>>
>>2423899
It's indeed true
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/rel-c188.html#red
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.