[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some resources to learn about the Roman Republic and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Tetrarchy_map3.jpg (628KB, 991x751px) Image search: [Google]
Tetrarchy_map3.jpg
628KB, 991x751px
What are some resources to learn about the Roman Republic and Empire? I feel like reading wikipedia articles isn't going to give me enough depth for such a massive topic. Are there any youtubers who give good material?
>>
History of Rome Podcast, friend Anon. It's easy to understand, fairly in depth, and gives context to a lot of things.
>>
>>2421330
Seconded
>>
Gibbons

>inb4 butthurt christard
>>
>>2421330
This.

Rufus J Fears also has some pretty good stuff on YouTube
>>
>>2421574
I don't think any academic would seriously recommend Gibbon unless you're committing to the study of historiography as a discipline. I enjoy his writing but there's just too much he got wrong to read the Decline and Fall as a serious work of history.
>>
>>2421591
>t.butthurt christard
>>
>>2421324
I like watching the few videos Historia Civilis has on Rome before going to sleep, they're pretty comfy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv_vLHiWVBh_FR9vbeuiY-A/videos
>>
>>2421594
well, okay, thanks for your input
>>
>>2421574
>>2421594
Nice meme. Gibbon's hypothesis that Christianity contributed meaningfully to the western empire falling is pants on head retarded.
He was just edgy.
>>
Ave Imperator! makes some good videos about classical history in general

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0f5a1v-TQwq7O40YFxTb_Q/videos
>>
>>2421612
>He was just edgy.

Nah, you're just ignorant. Jesus, even the slightest knowledge of Christianity in the Roman empire teaches you how it was a significant factor in it's fall.

Christianity stood for everything that anti-Roman. It destroyed everything Rome stood for, and most importantly, it's war-culture. For fucks sake, the Christards even got circus games banned because muh feel.

Pope Leo I probably told Attila to stay away so that Christians themselves could destroy Rome and rebuild it in their image, and not the Huns.
>>
>>2421637
Oh my god you're retarded. I'm sorry anon.
>>
what's a good podcast for a general overview of the byzatines/ERE after the fall of the WRE?
>>
File: IMG_0538.jpg (180KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
180KB, 600x600px
>>2421651
It picks up where History of Rome left off and tries to be just a continuation of that podcast. In episode 100 he interviews Duncan :)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.