[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it called the Protestant "Reformation" if they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Why is it called the Protestant "Reformation" if they didn't reform the Roman Catholic Church? They just started their own. Shouldn't it be called the Protestant Rebellion? Or the Protestant Schism?
>>
They were trying to
>>
>>2414619
Why did they call it the Counter-Reformation if they weren't countering a reform? really boils the old noodle
>>
>>2414651
Catholics called the "counter-reformation" the Catholic revival.
>>
>>2414619
But they did. The success and spreading of Protestantism got Catholic officials to take note and change some of the controversial policies.
>>
>>2414825
But they themselves weren't the reform. They merely triggered it.
>>
>>2414619
>if they didn't reform the Roman Catholic Church?
They did
>>2416219
No, they were the reform. They reformed the Church back to its apostolic roots and discarded novel heresy like the mass
>>
>>2414619
You're an idiot. Luther originally wanted to reform the Catholic church from within, not start his own. But the dumbass pope excommunicated him.
>>
>>2416298
So it wasn't a reformation.
>>
>>2416239
>They did
No
>>
The church was re-formed free from roman slavery.
>>
>>2414619
Probably
>>
>>2416729
But it wasn't. They hustled started a bunch of new churches.'
>>
>>2416328
Not an argument
>>
>>2414619
To compete with the protestant nations, the catholics had to reform themselves
>>
"When you reform your enemies, they win"
>>
File: 5003_01.gif (13KB, 231x138px)
5003_01.gif
13KB, 231x138px
>>2414619
I don't know, are all you Catholics out there enjoying your only in Latin bibles? Your welcome heretics!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.