[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>god creates universe >waits 9 billion years for solar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 13

File: bill_oreilly8.jpg (225KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
bill_oreilly8.jpg
225KB, 620x412px
>god creates universe
>waits 9 billion years for solar system and earth to form
>waits another 4 billion years for living beings to start walking the earth
>waits around 500 million years for evolution to churn out human beings
>human beings come up with their own countless religions which vary all over the world
>finally appears to one person or a small group of people and give them the word of god
>this group of people was right and has the true word of god, all the others were either lying or insane
how do people believe this
>>
>>2414054
he's possibly smoking weed so time is not an issue.
>>
>>2414068
>smoking weed
This task is important part of few religions
>>
>>2414054
>implying god is subject to our understanding of space and time
>>
>>2414068
>>2414122
maybe I shouldn't have included that since people are focusing on the "time" aspect rather than the "choosing one religion over all others" aspect, which is the crux of the post
>>
>>2414126
the others were obviously seduced by demons
>>
>>2414131
how do you know which ones were seduced by demons and which one wasn't though
>>
>>2414054
Time has no meaning to a higher being
>>
No, no, no, no OP.
It's only 10,000 years max. He made the world in like 7 days or something. God isn't a fucking cucklord.
>>
>>2414054
indoctrination
>>
>he's never played SimEarth before
>>
>>2414158
but how does an indoctrinated person answer that question to himself?
>>
>>2414054
He was probably busy doing other stuff.
>>
Is it not possible that a deity could simply will a complete and functioning universe into being during it's lifecycle? I mean, if you're under the assumption that God had to shape rocks by hand and pull together stars through natural processes, this makes sense, but I'd say it's far more believable that a creator deity simply brought things into existence from nothingness.
>>
>believing the radiocarbon jew
>believing the microwave background radiation jew
>believing the redshift expansion jew
>believing the tectonic jew
>believing the cryogenically preserved atmospheric bubbles jew
>>
>>2414054
The Truth what ever it is, is only know by a few. I bet you understand that dont you? The majority seems to be under some kind of Illusion, but a few know.. at least a part of the Truth.. what ever it its.
And there always where People who could see clearly and there will always be People who see it.
Probably because it is engrained in each one of us..somewhere deep inside
>>
>>2414054
The bible strictly and literally states God creates the universe in 6 days. Then rested on the 7th cause he got tired.

9 billion years is a lie from the liberals.
>>
>>2414742
woah that's deep dude *hits vape*
>>
>>2414054
He was busy granting salvation to alien civilizations, duh
>>
>>2414751
The Bible is an ancient myth and you are a simpleton for taking an English translation as literal truth. You are also shortsighted in demanding that Nonchristians do so. You also foolishly conflate modern political ideology with religiosity.

These are all stupid mistakes to make in how you think.
>>
>>2414751
Inb4 Im not trying to defend anyone who does ... cruelthings..

Have you ever heard of allegorie? Or did you ever heard of Time dilation? If you state what the Bible as example says about the creation is Sientificaly wrong(i dont think the earth was made in 6 days, but never understood the bible in a way it would meant to be understood like that, at least not Human days...) i musst say we Humans still have alot to learn about Science.
>>
>>2414751
>Then rested on the 7th cause he got tired.
Not because he got tired, but only because he could.

Theological brainlet confirmed.
>>
I dont understand why people always want to argue about Storys about an apple or how quik the earth was made AHhahaha

Isn't there mutch more important things to discuss? Look at the bible read it.. and then your biggest question is ... how the Apple tasted? Ahha or if god probably exaggerate the speed of his ability to make stuff out of nothing? AHAHhAh ooyyoo phew
But no worries we can still make it Happen
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 504x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 504x409px
>>2414054
try to explain this

Protip: you can't.
>>
>>2414742
>I bet you understand that dont you?
no

>>2414751
At least this explanation makes sense if you accept the premises as true.

>>2414799
Are you copying these comments from somewhere?

>>2414824
You must be.
Or are you writing these out yourself?
bretty good bait attempts, but you should try them on (You)tube or something like that, people that stupid wouldn't be able to use 4chan
>>
>>2414826
Im not a geologist or whatever, so no.
Id be wiling to bet that you arent either.
>>
File: orbit.png (47KB, 600x352px) Image search: [Google]
orbit.png
47KB, 600x352px
>>2414953
Bet you can't explain this either
checkmate atheists
>>
>pls dont believe
No
>>
>>2414996
checkmate?
>>
>>2414943
>>2414751
No i am not copying.
This whole threat is Bait.
And how do you know that the Bible claims that also literally? Arn't there some thing like.. Angelyears in the.. Bible..Hebrew..Abrahamist..stuff?

Probably the earth just turned slower that it is now, so a day could be 20 Bilion years and slowly the earth took up speed.

What do i know? I dont clame that this is the Truth. I bet the Bible was changed and it once did hold the the Truth, or a part of it, but now it got perverted just like everithing gets perverted in the hands of ... Men... Evil Men most likely.

I dont understand why people always want to argue if God exists or not..
Right now this question isn't that important, we should just ask ourselfes what is right to do and what not and than act to support the right things.
>>
>>2415083
Bible claims are literal because they are the words of god. It says so right in the bible as well.

There's two proof right there.
>>
>>2414996
just asking questions

>>2415083
weak bait
>>
>>2415083
>Probably the earth just turned slower that it is now, so a day could be 20 Bilion years and slowly the earth took up speed
the earth's spin is actually slowing down tho
>>
>>2415091
ok. well damn. I still read some pretty amazing things in there.. apart of all the brain fuck and funny(wrong).. statements. It can be very inspiriting.

>>2415096
I'm not trying to bait anyone i want us all to get of the hook.

>>2415103
thanks for the information.

The Truth is some where we should fight over unrelevant stuff. We can argue nothing wrong with that. But please dont treat Humans unworthy or mistreat them in anyway only because they belive in diferent things than you.
As long they do more good than bad they are on your side and it seems like we wont be able to win without them.
LOve KnOwledge WiLL
>>
>>2415134
LOOWLL?
>>
>>2414674
>a creator deity simply brought things into existence
And did it in such a way that it looks 13 billion years old even though it's only 6 thousand years old?
>>
File: IMG_0317.jpg (38KB, 593x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0317.jpg
38KB, 593x399px
>>
>>2415152
Oh how times have changed.
>>
>>2415156
Have they?
>>
>OP has never left his philosophical echo chamber
>assumes everyone shares his assumptions

First problem with your argument is that it presupposes million year gaps, and presupposes evolution. Both are able to be argued for with a lot of circumstantial evidence, but when it comes down to it, there are no first hand witnesses to any of these assumptions. That's what makes study of origins subjective, even if it is scientific. Very often, proof of an evolution based theory is purely hypothetical.

Example, the eye. The complexity of the human eye is often put forth by ID proponents as favoring the concept of a Designer. The reply to this has typically been, a long time ago creatures developed flesh that is sensitive to light which developed over long periods of time. The hypothesis is often left to stand as it's own self evident proof and I've rarely seen anyone provide fossil or other evidence to prove the light sensitive flesh theory.
Needless to say, rebuttals to that theory aren't taken into consideration, if they're listened to at all.

It's the subjective nature of origins and the unwillingness to listen to opposing evidence on this single issue that makes people skeptical. I myself try to be open to info about subjects I don't fully understand (viz. the sciences), but when a group that is changing its view on something as mundane and testable as whether eggs are good or bad for you ONLY claims to be in 100% irrefutable conviction on topics that vex "the Right", it becomes suspect.

I for one am willing to consider evidence in favor of evolution and warming and le clump of cells meme. But I'm constantly put off by the peer pressuring, Leftist tactics of people in favor of them.
>>
>>2414687
>believing the backward bronze age writing jew
>>
>>2414826
What is that?
>>
>>2415161
Now it's a far-right website providing CP to internet pedos.
>>
>>2414972
That pic IS the explanaition.
Were you perhaps home schooled?
>>
>>2414797
>guy who got caught up in the ayy lmao hype
>bible is an ancient myth

That said, you're a retard for choosing to reply unironically to the most obvious b8 reply in this entire thread
>>
>>2415171
>I've rarely seen anyone provide fossil or other evidence to prove the light sensitive flesh theory.
New to the internet, are you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye
>>
File: evolution_of_the_eye.jpg (33KB, 593x310px) Image search: [Google]
evolution_of_the_eye.jpg
33KB, 593x310px
>>2415171
>The hypothesis is often left to stand as it's own self evident proof and I've rarely seen anyone provide fossil or other evidence to prove the light sensitive flesh theory.
You don't even need a fossil, there's a whole series of related creatures who are alive where you can follow every stage of that evolution from sea snail to octopus. One of the handy things about evolution coupled geographic isolation, is that it isn't always the case that the previous forms die out or get absorbed.

Think the problem is more often that the creationist camp will stick to its guns and bring out the same singular argument, over and over again, often from decades ago, and referencing decades dead science, regardless of how many times said argument has been shot down.

On the other hand... I do think there's some odd stuff going on in evolution, even in the lab, that does suggest there's more mechanisms involved than we originally suspected, but I don't think the creationists path is the way to find them. If there is a god not wanting to reveal himself outright, he's not gonna make it that easy.

And also, it does help to have religion, or some sort of moral framework, to help mitigate the ethical implications that a short sighted or narrow view of evolution sometimes involved.

I'm for religion, really - I think it has value and a function in even a secular society - I only get irked when it starts trying to exert itself by force and becomes fundamentalist and anti-intellectual.
>>
>>2415171
I wasn't actually assuming that. The question was to those who shared my assumptions.
Obviously if you believe that the claims made in the bible about the origin of earth and life are literally true you're going to think the Bible is the word of God.
Are most Christians creationists though? I'm from Italy, so here creationism is pretty rare since the church does not tend to reject science.
>>
>>2415196
>can't pick up on sarcasm
come on, try to keep up
>>
File: fam tbh imo af kys.jpg (32KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
fam tbh imo af kys.jpg
32KB, 720x480px
>>2415217
>wikipedia
lol

you know you're dealing with an absolute retard when he takes wikipedia as a reliable source
>>
>>2415226
>creationism is pretty rare since the church does not tend to reject science

Neither do creationists.

Science (real natural observable science) favours the YEC position, not the evolutionists.
>>
Ever notice atheists implicitly seem to validate religion by demanding it make internal sense? Like they don't ACTUALLY accept it as made up stories, they consistently argue against it from a position of accepting that it IS implicitly divine, OPs argument is the same thing as asking why superman doesn't subjugate the rest of humanity with his powers instead of accepting the premise of it at face value as a silly story.
>>
>>2415236
>Science (real natural observable science) favours the YEC position, not the evolutionists.
ok

>>2415240
It's called conceding for the sake of argument.
It's to point out that even if you accept the premise of God creating the universe there really is no connection to any religion specifically.
>>
File: age graph.gif (34KB, 1000x476px) Image search: [Google]
age graph.gif
34KB, 1000x476px
>>2414054
>9 billion years
There's your problem. The world is approx. 6000 years old, not millions or billions.

http://creation.com/how-old-is-the-earth
https://www.trueorigin.org/dating.php
>>
>>2415231
Post a better source or shut up.
>>
>>2415236
Care to provide an example, or are you just redefining words to your convenience?
>>
>>2415287
When it comes to the topic of evolution/creation, wikipedia is heavily biased towards atheism. There are literal atheist brigades and gate keepers.

They deliberately lie, slander and misrepresent opposing views. People that try to correct these mistakes get silenced and even banned.
>>
>>2414054
>time
>mattering to an eternal being
>>
OP is an idiot.

He (unironically) believes in the myth of evolution or he's just baiting. Just sage and hide the thread.
>>
>>2415310
Post a better source or shut up.
>>
>>2414122
>god exists in a special dimension that we can't understand or explain nor verify, but trust me it's real
Seriously?
>>
>>2415340
>he thinks god is a bearded man above the clouds

This is why nobody takes atheists seriously.
>>
>>2415343
>uses redicule instead of argument
>>
>>2415200
I wanted to succinctly counter the points because if no one does, they stand unchallenged, I don't care if it's bait.
>>
>>2415343
What God really is is existence, the fabric of matter itself
>>
>>2414054

There is some truth to be found in the heathen religions. They simply don't have as much of it as the one true faith. Why should it be so surprising that some people get things more right than others?
>>
>>2415361
So God is quarks and electrons?
>>
>>2415361
And non existence, the unknown fabric of the invisible.

And above all of that.
>>
>>2414054
People who unironically believe in religion are utter retards
An abstract god is okay but seriously thinking that the creator of the universe cares about whether you eat pork or fuck men in the ass is a mental illness
>>
>>2415423
You're gonna change your mind when you die and face God.
>>
>>2415395
>>2415361
So... It's pretty much as he didn't existed at all, correct?
>>
>>2415423
Why are you so sure?

The idea of some disinterested god that made everything is as equally ridiculous as an overly interested one that made everything. both are two sides of the same coin of fundamentally human sensibilities.
>>
>>2415426
Keep telling yourself that, Ahmed
>>
>>2415444
If you want a preview die to your sins.
>>
File: IMG_0826.jpg (443KB, 827x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0826.jpg
443KB, 827x1280px
>>
>God
>waits

OP confirmed having a 12 year olds understanding of theology
>>
>>2415452
muslims are so arrogant they can't even type "kys" like a normal human being. why do we allow these creatures to drain oxygen from the world?
>>
>>2415443
If a god actually cared about how people acted he'd make sure the rules reached all people.
>>
>>2415544
The world you live in is literally made of them. In the United States We call them Natural Laws and that's where we derive our rights from.
>>
>>2415551
>natural laws
>royal we

Hahahah, my sides. Enjoy your neoplatonism wrapped up in airs of a demokratia.
>>
>>2414054
Because they were raised on it. It's called compartmentalization. They could be skeptical rational people when it comes to their day to day lives, but their religion exists in its own little box, free from any real scrutiny.
>>
>>2415558
It made the US the most powerful country in the world, not one for evidence?
>>
File: Mystery of Mt Rushmore.jpg (63KB, 495x474px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery of Mt Rushmore.jpg
63KB, 495x474px
>>2415564
You just described evolutionists.
>>
>>2415217
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

Nigger, you missed my point. I only referred the the argument about the eye, as something "debunked" by hypothetical arguments. Not that I ascribe to it.
Learn to read gooder.

>>2415223

Now you see this is what a thinking evolutionist looks like. That's a good point desu, and living creatures with "eyespots" does lend to the credibility of the hypothesis. But I never meant to deny the existence of eyespots, only the cavalier (and difficult to demonstrate) chain from eyespots to fully functional eyeballs.
I myself am Catholic so, naturally I have a degree of inevitable bias, but I don't have a personal chip at stake because the Church doesn't dogmatize about human origins too much.
Nonetheless, it's an argument related to my book so I want to know as much as I can about it.

I wish I were as up to date on creationist arguments but I do have to acknowledge that the cards are often stacked against them, when it comes to having their objections weighed fully.

>>2415226
Creationism is only really dogmatically proposed by a segment of Protestantism. There are Creationist Catholics and Orthodox, but that's left to individual conscience mostly.
I myself am on the fence.
>>
File: IMG_0827.jpg (292KB, 786x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0827.jpg
292KB, 786x553px
And guess who Nature belongs to.
>>
>>2415565
>US most powerful country reliant on any factor but a vast resource rich continent, weak natives to subvert, and almost no competing colonial interests

Plato go and stay go.
>>
>>2415572
If you were up to date on creationist material and articles, you'd realize that evolution is a dead theory.

Former adherents of darwinism have even come out and admitted that evolution is nothing but a myth of the 20th century. The "ID" movement is growing within the scientific community, and the increasing hostility towards them shows that the militant atheist evolutionists are desperate.

The only thing keeping evolutionism alive is government funding.

It feels good to un-brainwash yourself from "millions" of years, monkey-to-man mythologies and realize the Bible is actually literally true as history, science and archeology shows.
>>
>>2415599
Would you like to name some of these people within the growing 'ID' movement?
>>
>>2415599
I'm only up to date on your mom's STD tests ;)

PS: u goan have a new baby bro in 9 months LOL
>>
>>2415599
You have quite the imagination.
>>
>>2415593
Why aren't Brazil and Mexico up there then?
>>
>>2414054
But I bet you'd have no problem believing the universe is a computer simulation running through it's program, even though it's exactly the same as believing the things religious people believe that you pretend to act incredulous of.
>>
>>2415653
>you might believe this ridiculous thing that I just made up! you're such a hypocrite

Not OP but are you retarded?
>>
>>2415673
>Not OP
So why do you think I give a damn about your opinion, jackass?
>>
>>2415599
>Former adherents of darwinism have even come ou
Name one
>>
>>2415677
Are you saying you gave a damn about OP's? When you were more concerned with crafting strawmen? Is this how you satisfy your inner mental turmoil?

>That guy questions my beliefs? Well he probably believes in something just as ridiculous! I don't have any evidence that he actually believes it, but it feels good to believe that he does.

Transparent as fuck.
>>
>>2415693
It's not a strawman moron.
If you can understand why an engineer would be willing to run a simulation, and change parameters within that simulation after the simulation has run for a set period of time, then you should be able to understand at least on the level of a thought experiment the rational behind the series of statements regarding religion that he claims to find so puzzling. The fact he cannot stop tipping his fedora for five minutes to understand this means he is either an idiot or dishonest, and either way his opinions are of no value.

The fact you couldn't see that either doesn't speak too highly of your own intellectual capacity by the way...
>>
>>2415768
Pseud detected
>>
>>2415768
It's a strawman, my dude. You're going on a buttblasted tyrade over a position OP never presented.
>>
Abrahamic God is a being that transcends space/time, he exists in past/present/future in everywhere, in all time periods.
>>
>>2415768
>completely change argument in a poor attempt to backpedal
>y-you're dumb!

So you are retarded, thanks for the confirmation. If you wanted me to take the bait of your totally-the-same-and-not-at-all-changed argument then you're shit outta luck, I was only here to make fun of you. My work here is done.
>>
>>2415599
Ok guys, this "pretending to be retarded" thing has gone too far.
>>
>>2415783
Lol
Ok then so what exactly was OPs argument that I am apparently misrepresenting since it isn't actually "how can anyone actually believe that god created a universe that operates on a linear timescale and eventually interacted with certain portions of that universe at a specific time but not others"?
>>
>>2414809
wew gottem
>>
>>2415653
Why would I believe such a thing if there's no evidence for it? Ultimately it would just be another explanation that doesn't answer any questions. What we don't know is the simulation. The simulation works in mysterious ways.

As for the picture you posted, if someone started saying they're in contact with an inter-dimensional traveler only they could talk to I'd at first assume they'd lost their mind.
>>
>>2415907
>get btfo because you didn't understand the argument being made
>pretend the other guy is dumb
lol
>>
File: Khonsu.png (62KB, 320x731px) Image search: [Google]
Khonsu.png
62KB, 320x731px
So imagine "God" a creator who exists outside the universe, he is not subject to time or physics because those things are rules of the universe, so he does not wait for time to pass.

>Humans build tower of Babel out of hubris
>They get rekt and dispersed
>I will give these tribes of faithful people my word and laws
>But why don't the people that disobeyed God get the same treatment?
>>
>>2415930
>Why would I believe such a thing if there's no evidence for it?
Because people all sorts of stupid things without evidence, especially IFLS fedora types.

>As for the picture you posted, if someone started saying they're in contact with an inter-dimensional traveler only they could talk to I'd at first assume they'd lost their mind.
It's just a silly cartoon I post to mock fedoras who I suspect will believe any sort of rubbish if you pad it with enough technobabble and "science" bullshit.
>>
>>2415956
For the sake of argument, let's say I did accept the "universe is a computer simulation" explanation. That still would not explain how one is to choose one particular religion over another. That is the crux of my OP.
I don't buy deism, but I don't really have that big of a problem with it.

As for the comic shit, you're just building another strawman and I'd suspect you're mischaracterising people by doing so.
I would suspect people who are more scientifically literate would be less likely to believe in UFOs (the extraterrestrial kind who fuck with people on earth) than people who are less scientifically literate.
>>
>>2414054
The world is only 6,000 years old
>>
>>2415986
He's a fedora who tries to act like what he thinks YECs act like in order to make Christians look stupid. I suggest hide/reporting all of his posts, for you will find nothing but logical fallacies stacked on logical fallacies.
>>
>>2415999
You're a paranoid schizophrenic.

Seek help.
>>
>>2415999
I think you'd be surprised.
>>
The ancient Hebrews were the only people advanced enough at the time to comprehend the word of God.
>>
>>2415999
If you want me to stop being a young-earth creationist, prove me wrong.

Address the arguments.
Protip: ridicule is not an argument.
>>
>>2414054
>be timeless eternal being
>care about human perceptions of time
>>
>>2416045
>If you want me to stop being a young-earth creationist, prove me wrong.

Geology already did that three centuries ago. Try to keep up.
>>
>>2415999
>He's a fedora who tries to act like what he thinks YECs act like in order to make Christians look stupid
How deep does this rabbit hole go?

He's a hardline atheist that acts like a YEC would only IF this YEC is trying to make Christians look stupid?

This is so many layers of psychological manipulation I don't even know where to begin
>>
>>2416048
How so?
Be specific.
>>
>>2416048
actually YOU need to keep up.
http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html
>>
>>2416048
And it didn't. And if you keep on trying to assume that things like the Big Bang Theory or Evolution are facts, this thread is over, dogmatic moron.
>>
>>2416061

Speaking on behalf of all rational anons on 4chan please let me make aware of how concerned we are that you might leave this thread to masturbate over hentai. Your threat has made me very worried.
>>
>>2416077
Thank you for recognizing my ability given by God, idiot.
>>
>>2416077
>ad hominem attacks in every single post
>when asked for an actual argument, silence
>continue with ad hominems and personal insults

Doesn't sound really rational to me.
>>
>>2415986
>That still would not explain how one is to choose one particular religion over another. That is the crux of my OP.

No one actually chooses their religion, the conversion process is the unconscious and gradual acceptance of the various premises of whatever religion they are in the process of converting to.

>I would suspect people who are more scientifically literate would be less likely to believe in UFOs (the extraterrestrial kind who fuck with people on earth) than people who are less scientifically literate.

You can suspect all you like it doesn't make it true.
>>
>>2416086

>not being aware of what ad hom is
>>
>>2415999
Piss off jackass that's a different guy trolling this thread.
>>
>>2416054
>>2416056

http://www.universetoday.com/75805/how-old-is-the-earth/
>>
>>2416119
http://creation.com/how-old-is-the-earth
https://www.trueorigin.org/dating.php
>>
>>2416046
>miss point
>>
>>2416102
Well, no, most people are indoctrinated into their religion at a young age. Which is why Christianity is no more valid than any other religion ever created.
>>
>>2416197
>Most people are raised in the customs and traditions of their culture.
Translated that from fedora for you.

>Which is why Christianity is no more valid than any other religion ever created.
Non sequitur and a red herring as I am not here to specifically defend Christianity but to attack fedora cultists.
>>
>>2415599
I openly admit to not being very up to date on current ID arguments. I should probably do something about that, desu,
A part of me believes you though, anon, because lately, the Leftist monopoly on influence and media and science is being questioned by by a huge amount of people, and not all just the Republican Right. I understand that listing individual, unknown researchers would be kind of hard to do, but I'm gonna have to jump the bandwagon a bit and request just one or two examples.
(Or at least a more detailed case for why you believe it's so.)
>>
>>2416216
It follows from the whole discussion that has taken place. Not from the preceding sentence.

This thread is about defending a specific religion over others, read the OP.
>>
>>2416246
It does not follow as "this is my people's culture and history, we're not changing it" is the only justification a people need to maintain their religion in the face of pressure from a foreign culture.

Christians don't have to construct some elaborate rhetorical or logical defense of their beliefs in order to justify not converting to Communism (for example), they can just say "fuck off, not interested" and call it a day.
>>
>>2416275
It's not like most religious people don't actually believe what their religion preaches though. They do what their religion commands them to do because they believe that God wants them to act that way and will reward them or punish them based on their behaviour.
The people who follow through on the cultural practices of their religion despite not believing in the religion's truthfulness tend to be secular.
>>
>>2416297
>They do what their religion commands them to do because they believe that God wants them to act that way and will reward them or punish them based on their behaviour.
Which is what serves as the basis for their culture. Culture that is not backed by religious belief is hollow ritual on the brink of being swept away by the culture of another group.
>>
>>2416297
Geez you people don't understand the motivations of religious people at all.
>>
>>2416755
motivate your beliefs
>>
>>2416755
This.
>>
>>2414175
They never ask it in the first place.
>>
>>2414687
>literally believes ancient Jewish writngs
>calls modern science Jewish

wew
>>
File: 7df.jpg (24KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
7df.jpg
24KB, 368x475px
>>2418594
>>
>>2414054
The universe has been around for 9 billion years

God is infinite (See: Alpha and Omega)

If our life looked like a timeline from point #1 to point #2
God would literally be the infinity

Jesus was the first of all creation which predates the universe
Who knows what the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit were up to for how long before our little sandbox came along
>>
>>2415231
maybe in 2004 it was a shit source, not today
>>
>following a Jewish desert god religion

May as well bark at the moon
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.