[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who were the first peoples in history to drink orange juice separate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: OJ.jpg (391KB, 1600x976px) Image search: [Google]
OJ.jpg
391KB, 1600x976px
Who were the first peoples in history to drink orange juice separate from the orange?
>>
During World War II, American soldiers rejected vitamin C-packed lemon crystals because of their unappetizing taste. Thus the government searched for a food that would fulfill the nutritional needs of the soldiers, have a desirable taste, and prevent diseases such as scurvy in a transportable vitamin C product. The federal government, the Florida department of Citrus, along with a group of scientists desired to develop a superior product to canned orange juice (which was the current orange juice on the market in the 1940s) and developed frozen concentrated orange juice. Unfortunately, frozen concentrated orange juice was developed three years after the war had ended. By 1949, orange juice processing plants in Florida were producing over 10 million gallons of concentrated orange juice. Consumers were captivated with the idea of concentrated canned orange juice as it was affordable, tasty, convenient, and a vitamin-C packed product. The preparation was simple, thaw the juice, add water, and stir. However, by the 1980s, food scientists developed a more fresh-tasting juice known as reconstituted ready to serve juice. Eventually in the 1990s, “not from concentrate” (NFC) orange juice was developed and gave consumers an entirely new perspective of orange juice transforming the product from can to freshness in a carton
>>
>>2413318
You're really a spectacular person, you know that?
>>
>>2413318
You have the appreciation from the Z today my dear comrade.
>>
>>2413318
nice.
>>
>>2413318

Awesome.

But it does mention people had canned orange juice obviously in the 40s.

When did it become a delicacy? I assume some Spanish crusaders must have brought them back from the Orient to Sevilla or Valencia?
>>
Orange juice industry is shit right now. I heard on NPR you can get an orange grove in Florida for cheap since most farmers are making shit.
>>
>>2413332
the arabs introduced oranges to iberia, along with eggplant, rice, sugar, saffron, lemons, spinach, apricots, almonds and cotton
>>
>>2413335
It's down to paleofag hipsters who treat sugar as the devil incarnate on earth threatening to give you diabetes and obesity with a single bite!

It's quite sad to see our generation literally quaking in fear over simple carbohydrates. Makes me want to go back in time and shoot Atkins in the back of his fat head.
>>
>>2413766
along with civilised leadership and bathing
>>
File: teeth.jpg (55KB, 467x266px) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
55KB, 467x266px
>>2413800
Fruit juices will wreck your teeth though, they're as bad as any soda.
>>
>>2413766
I thought the Dutch invented the Orange to justify their ruling famiy's stupid name
>>
>>2413810
You can enjoy your ""perfect teeth"" as they rot in the ground in your coffin before your skeleton mineralizes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.