[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Luther and wahhab basically the same? >both wanted to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (183KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 1600x800px
Are Luther and wahhab basically the same?
>both wanted to purify their religions of what they viewed as idolatry
>both heavily fetishized the use of the source material as the only important source of religious knowledge
>both were accepted because they offered political independence from the ruling religion
>>
>>2409404
In essence yes, they share a lot of similarities with one another. What went wrong was Wahhabism was adopted by Bedouins, who have the tendency to fuck everything up.
>>
Wahhab wasn't "accepted," he allied with Abdul Aziz. Abdul Aziz got the power of Wahhab's tribe's numbers in exchange for converting people to his religion by the sword, and Wahhab got more followers in exchange for helping Abdul Aziz conquer the peninsula.

Martin Luther's revolution was populist in nature
>>
I doubt Luther made a blood pact with a certain family/tribe for eternal support for his ideology that today runs the Vatican.

Then again, I am not well-versed in Protestant history.
>>
>>2409404
no abdul wahhab is more akin to english

>be pagan shitheads
>empire with religion comes
>"fuck you we want to stay pagan shitheads"
>try to reject the state imperial religious rule by claiming you're doing their religion better than them.

wahhabists are basically a follow-up of the khawarij movement who rejected the caliphate under the guise of "purity" cause they wanted to keep living as desert barbarians. same deal with the wahabists. they dont give a shit about religion or whatever, they just use the "purity" excuse to be able to keep doing whatever the fuck they're doing. wahabists would destroy the kaaba if it weren't for all the hajj money because they hate arab history that much.
>>
>>2409418
Martin Luther's revolution was populist in nature
You can't really pin Luther's revolution as being one thing entirely. In the beginning his rebellion was populist but toward the end he was urging the princes to murder the peasants.
>>
That assessment would be compley accurate. Part of the problem with the Kali Yuga is mass religion manifest in forms such as Protestantism and Wahhabism.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.