[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "George Washington had at least three chances to claim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Is "George Washington had at least three chances to claim himself the King of America" true or is it just a meme?
>>
>>2408797
It's true, but exaggerated. Hamilton proposed an alternative to the Presidential system we have now, in which the President would essentially serve as an elected monarch, title and all, for a term of good behavior, meaning for life so long as they did nothing that would result in them being impeached.
While many did oppose Hamilton's proposal, it was Washington's humility and refusal to accept such a title that properly consigned it to the annals of history.
Hereditary rule and absolutism were likely never considered by the Founding Fathers, and if they were, only the fringe minority of their group supported such ideas.
>>
>>2408797
what's the point
presidents have more effective power than kings (
>>
>>2408889
That is absolutely not true.
>>
>>2408899
>queen elizabeth
>do nothing but recite speech the pm wrote for her
>president
>can block laws take military action conclude agreements
>>
File: kingfelipe--z.jpg (122KB, 610x394px) Image search: [Google]
kingfelipe--z.jpg
122KB, 610x394px
>>2408902
>Queen Elizabeth is the only example of a modern monarchy
Oh, child...
>>
>>2408837
Hamilton offered that title to a Prussian prince not Washington.

The reference here is that Washington could have seized the crown so to speak and people would have accepted it.

Besides he wouldn't have been King like Louis XIV but more like Victor Emmanual in Italy where he just appoints a government who does most of the work.

Honestly a better system because you get a long term steward of the realm with your short term elected governing body.

The US has never had a long term plan which is why our budget is so shit.
>>
>>2408918
>The US has never had a long term plan which is why our budget is so shit.
>He doesn't acknowledge the trick the US pulled on the entire world that spanned from the Marshall Plan to the removal of the Gold Standard which is part of a financial plot that's been going on since 1912 and still going
>He doesn't read between the lines

Beneath all the chaos you see, Anon, the US always has a long term plan.
>>
>>2408932
Whew, I'm glad that Great Depression was part of a much larger plot, at last the wool has been pulled off my eyes.
>>
>>2408959
>""""Depression""""
>>
>>2408959
>He doesn't know that to change a socio-economic environment one must first destroy the existing one.
>>
>>2408914
>Im going to post a ceremonial picture of a weak king that'll prove my point
>>
It's a complete meme

Of course if Washington had claimed dictatorial powers then the revolution would have failed, and USA would become a British colony once again in 1812.

The presidency during the US's early history did not have the powers it has today, so it was unlikely that anyone would pull a Caesar and declared himself king.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.