[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any humanity worse than economics? It's ridiculous.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
Is there any humanity worse than economics? It's ridiculous. First you read this 1000 page document with ridiculously long empirical evidence making you realize how correct Mr. Smith the father of everything everyone disagrees with ever says, then later on you learn the entirety of what his system is based on, in regards to aggregate supply and demand, is not only wrong, thanks to Keynes, but that the FUCKING METRICS FOR HOW HE DERIVES VALUE IN THE FIRST PLACE FROM THE MATERIALS EMPLOYED MAY HAVE BEEN THE WRONG APPROACH.

At this point, there isn't too much else to say against his theory holding ANY water at all except that every single economist who wrote anything after The Wealth of Nations just takes a shit on him. It's like Adam Smith is everyone's bitchboy. "Oh, you wrote a thousand page treatise that is fucking long as shit and tedious for anyone who has any interest in this subject I'm writing about? FUCK YOU RETARD". And they just pick something to shit on Smith for.

For instance, Ricardo, less than half a century later, just decides to shit all over Smith's theory of price realizing itself in wages, akin to cheesecaking Smith right on his face while he's sleeping. Or shitting in his cereal and not telling him after.

Then, it's Henry George's turn. He takes a shit on supple Adam Smith's face AND Ricardo AND Mill and says that the essential factor at play is the fact that interest increases or decreases with wages. THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT ANYONE SAID.

AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT DETERMINES THE VALUE OF A GOOD AND WHEN INFLATION SETS IN.

DOES ANYONE IN ECONOMICS KNOW ANYTHING AT ALLLLLLLLLL
>>
>>2407380
Pleb here. How would you propose economics be fixed?
>>
>>2407380

You can make a lot of criticisms about economics, but this has got to be the stupidest one I've heard. WELCOME TO ACADEMIA, FUCKASS.

You could say the same thing about the laws of motion, how you've read god knows how many pages of Newton, only to have quantum shit come along and fuck it over. Or anything in any field where knowledge advances.

>AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT DETERMINES THE VALUE OF A GOOD AND WHEN INFLATION SETS IN.

Then work out a framework that is both descriptive of reality and predictive.
>>
>>2407394
I don't know. I'm fearing I may have wasted my time expending any effort to research economics when divisive shit like this exists.

Honestly, the last two works I've read, Carl Menger and Henry George, are basically turning everything on its head for me, but maybe it's just bad luck and I'll run into a stint of better literature soon on the subject.

imhothofam I would hope economics has a decisive decision on the state of how economics works, instead of the flawed quantity theory circulated by various Austrian economists.
>>
>>2407401
But Carl Menger and Adam Smith/Ricardo are literally at ENDS with one another with where and how the value of the productive goods are derived.

And inflation for Mises and Keynes? Forget about it.
>>
>>2407420
So fucking what? Are you new to academia in general, or just really fucking dumb? People argue over things, even fundamental precepts of their fields, all the fucking time. That's normal. Get over it.

University level teaching isn't supposed to be about giving you a prepackaged answer to your questions. It's about developing frameworks so that you can work out your own answers to problems too complicated to get a one size fits all approach.

You want to know about where the value of goods derives from? You want to study the causes of inflation? Make some axioms or principles, study what happened, confirm or disprove your hypotheses. Then you have a better idea if your initial ideas are correct. If they're not, try something else.

tl;dr Grow up you filthy manchild.
>>
>>2407442
Your prolixity is in vain. I shall continue to complain about a field I obviously love and there's nothing you can do about it!
>>
>>2407453
Frogposters should be gassed.
>>
>>2407594
I didn't frogpost.
>>
File: meme.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>2407594
>>
>>2407380
Value is determined by labor
>>
>>2407627

Explain the real estate market, anon.
>>
>>2407639
1) seller's market
2) the accretion of houses at a high rate in addition with a low liquidity preference causes output to be relatively low, so the market value is incredibly inflated.
>>
File: IMG_3448.jpg (32KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3448.jpg
32KB, 208x242px
>>2407380
Quality post
>>
>>2409341
>implying Jews have anything to do with anything
It was the Irish.
>>
>>2407594
friendly reminder the only normalfag redditors hate more than Pepe is anime

Why are they even here?
>>
>>2407380
>Is there any humanity worse than economics?

On the one hand, no. On the other hand, yes. Further studies will be undertaken to determine.

Maybe.
>>
>>2407380
Economics helped me make it big on the stock market. Luck had a lot to do with it but economics helped me gravitate towards areas where I might get lucky and helped me understand the technical details of finance, for instance how different financial instruments manage risk, why they are there and how I might use them.
>>
>>2409798
How do i make it big on the stock market?
>>
>>2409754
>Scots*
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.