[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Poland (along with Czechoslovakia) going hardcore nationalist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6154.jpg (47KB, 411x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6154.jpg
47KB, 411x357px
Why was Poland (along with Czechoslovakia) going hardcore nationalist in the late 1930's and persecuting ethnic Germans? How come if Poland faced the greatest the threat from the USSR they joined an anti-German military alliance attempting to encircle Germany? Was it for the same reason they were killing ethnic Germans within the Polish corridor?
>>
>>2407189
Czechoslovakia was going hardcore cuck if anything. Country founded by a bunch of freemasons with an artificial identity.
>>
>>2407192
America was too and they became the strongest nation on earth.
>>
>>2407189
Going hardcore nationalist & persecuting ethnic minorities was all the rage in 1930s Central Europe. Kids these days just don't get it.
>>
>>2407216
It was all the rage in every place and time in human history except the West post WW2
>>
File: 1480828102250.jpg (138KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480828102250.jpg
138KB, 1080x1080px
>>2407189
Think of Polands history. The two nations next to them historically backstabed, partitioned them, and denied them independence for 200+years.

Now imagine those very same nations are ruled by Authoritarian facists. The nation on the east has been considered a historical enemy for ages. The one on the west has spoke about how your nation needs to be seized through force and your people removed to make "living space".

It's not hard to see why Poland went hardcore nationalist. They were the very definition of "between a rock and a hard place". and besides, the whole ethnic discrimination against Germans is an overplayed meme by Stormfags. Did it happen? Yes it did. But the polish in Germany received it in kind as well, along with Germany never really accepting Polish independence and borders at all. Poland was also forced to guarantee minority rights, building German language schools in German areas and more for them. Poles got no such treatment in Germany.
>>
>>2407192
How were they cucked?
>>
>>2407219
Extreme nationalism only started to rear it's ugly head in the 1800s.

Nationalism does not lend itself to large multi ethnic Empires
>>
>>2407189
It wasn't. The Germans weren't persecuted in any way until 1939 when Hitler demanded Danzig and the 'Polish corridor'. This alone can show you that it was just Nazi propaganda.
In fact, the Germans were more persecuted in the 1920s because the Weimar Republic was very hostile to Poland. It still wasn't serious persecution because Poland was forced to sign so called Little Treaty of Versailles which allowed minorities to send their complains to the League of Nations. Poland renounced it in 1934 but before that they spread signed the Polish-German Non-Aggression Pact.
>>
>>2407189
>Why was Poland (along with Czechoslovakia) going hardcore nationalist in the late 1930's and persecuting ethnic Germans?

What kind of bullshit that is? There was no "hardcore nationalism" going on. Hell, Sudeten terrorists alone managed to cause more evil upon Czech civilians in one year than CSR did upon Germans through out its existence.
>>
>>2407833
I was looking for this way lomger than I should have been.
I don't know why people think that, but the Czechs were trying to resolve everything peacefully, as seen by the demobilization and agreement to München.
Lord Runciman's controversial mission into ČSR and his final message was heavily revided to fit the goals of British government and it's current political goals. The mission itself is ridiculous if you actually look at it, ot resembles teď cross visits to Terezín - meeting with prechosen people, being shown demonstrations at which people from Germany were brought to, and so on.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>2407189
>Czechoslovakia
>hardcore nationalist
>>
>>2407189
Poland actually had great relations with Germany until Piluzdki or whatever died.
>>
>>2407988
No. Pilsudski died in 1935. Poland had good relations with Germany until 1938. Coincidentally they worsened after Munich and new German demands (Danzig, Polish corridor, Poland joining the anti-comintern pact). It baffles me that so many idiots still believe Nazi propaganda.
>>
>>2408021
Munich had nothing to do with worsening German-Polish relations, Poland was among those that agreed with it and benefited from it. It came later, when the Germans have shown that Sudetenland wasn't the last thing they will ve claiming.
desu I quite like the irony where everyone was happy to gain something from the situation (Munich) but once they were on the butchers table, they could shit themselves.
>>
>>2407234
>with Germany never really accepting Polish independence and borders at all
gibe back clay
>>
>>2408349
Back to KC with this shit lingo
>>
>>2407189
The Polish republic was especially set up to weaken Germany. And eventually the Polish administration could be tricked into playing (((their))) game. There is really nothing more to it.
>>
>>2408345
Yes, I was talking about those new demands which were proposed right after Munich. Poland and Czechoslovakia were never friends.
>>
>>2407189
Why am I certain this thread was made by an American?
>>
>>2408394
Munich Agreement - 30 September 1938
First demands regarding Danzig and the Polish Corridor - 24 October 1938

They weren't wasting time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.