[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/g1PBt0NDv64 Don't you wish society still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: LuciusVorenus-ep03_1.jpg (40KB, 506x316px) Image search: [Google]
LuciusVorenus-ep03_1.jpg
40KB, 506x316px
https://youtu.be/g1PBt0NDv64

Don't you wish society still revolved around weird spoopy ceremonies?

The world being so empirical and functional and devoid of symbolism and ritual left everything feeling so...bland.

Atheism and secularism was a mistake.
>>
>>2403430
>Atheism and secularism was a mistake.
Atheists at least take a step towards accepting responsibility. Religious people can always blame a god or their devil.
>>
>>2405829
>responsibility
That's just the thing, they're not responsible for anything.
>>
>>2403430
I'm sure the evil atheists haven't managed to close down all churches yet, plenty of spoopy ceremonies to be around.
>>
>>2403430
It still does though, you just don't notice it.
Seriously, do you know how many fucking hoops you have to jump through to get a woman? You have to buy her expensive jewelry, make her feel like a queen, etc..
To anyone not living in western civilization, such a thing must feel weird as fuck, really like an irrational ritual.
>>
>>2403430
There are far more widely varied weird snoopy ceremonies going on in the world today than Rome ever dreamed of dreaming up. Just leave your basement and hook up with an extremist cult of your choosing.

Nevermind the fact that the sheer scale of our religious buildings, rituals, and parties put all theirs to shame.

Atheism is a tiny minority. Secularism is murky at best, and usually just means more resources for more varieties of religions to thrive and take further extremes in identifying themselves.
>>
>>2403430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpKdSvwYsrE
>>
File: KrishnaUltimate.jpg (127KB, 609x800px) Image search: [Google]
KrishnaUltimate.jpg
127KB, 609x800px
>>2403430
>Don't you wish society still revolved around weird spoopy ceremonies?
I am hindu and mine does. During my grandma's sixteen day funeral ceremony, she is cremated on the first day I had to smear my grandmas ash on my forehead and swear an oath to spill blood of those who wronged her in the old way, had to recite Sanskrit chants.

Back in the day the funeral would usually follow a call to war in those lands as certain familial or treaty ties may break during an elders death, the ceremony and observance of physical exercise and strict diet followed by cleaning weapons and stuff, that was what the duties were.

Also once in two generations we are supposed to have a girl born into the maternal Family line who is the representative of the Goddess of the House, The current one passed away during a pilgrimage which apparently indicated a reversal of fortune for her family, but havent seen anything of it yet. The next one will apparently be born to a cousin of mine and it is 'predicted' (I dont believe it) that she will be a very impressive and powerful person and has been by means of sky magic predicted to also rule the family.
>>
>>2406042
That's pretty cool. My grandma died last summer and she didn't even get a service. My crackhead aunt just fucked off with both her and my grandpa's ashes in the middle of the night. If I ever see that bitch again I'm going to pop her fake tits with a needle, which would leave her without a meal ticket.
>>
>>2403430
>Don't you wish society still revolved around weird spoopy ceremonies?
but it still does
>>
File: shiva.jpg (58KB, 572x398px) Image search: [Google]
shiva.jpg
58KB, 572x398px
>>2406072
Goddamn man, what the hell happend to white people? You guys used to be pretty cool but now with all this godless nonsense, the misunderstanding of religion and faith has truly eroded the morals. So sad, I hope you find your faith whatever that is and you feel the happiness of family and faith.

May shiva destroy all obstacles and ignorance in your way.
>>
File: 1468354758919.jpg (185KB, 587x677px) Image search: [Google]
1468354758919.jpg
185KB, 587x677px
>>2406042
>>2403430
at least Hindus/Pagans have some interesting lore behind their rituals

Muslim here and basically our life revolves around pointless meaningless rituals but we like to act like its not under the guise of muh pure monotheism
>>
>>2406401
>and basically our life revolves around pointless meaningless rituals but we like to act like its not under the guise of muh pure monotheism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5p82snwhs

Has Islam gone too far?
>>
>>2406401
Dont worry, it will be over soon, islam will collapse once everyone realizes that marrying cousins is not very smart.
>>
>>2406455
Gavin, please go. I watched you on JRE and that was enough for one day. Thank you
>>
File: ajanta_western_india_600ad.jpg (191KB, 730x523px) Image search: [Google]
ajanta_western_india_600ad.jpg
191KB, 730x523px
>>2406457
Not gavin, I am the hindu>>2406042
I am raised in a culture and tradition deepley steeped in hating islam and criticizing it.
>>
CONSOLE
>>
>>2406484
SHAME ON THE HOUSE OF PTOLEMY FOR SUCH BARBARITY
>>
>>2405943
Sounds like you enjoy the company of annoying high-maintenance broads. Plenty of attractive women don't need that shit.
>>
>>2406455
...and so will hinduism when people realize worshiping a fucking cow and drinking piss is retarded
>>
>>2406414
Why are Muslim crazies so non chalant about it all?

Wtf I want to destroy Mohammed's grave now and wage war against ksa
>>
>>2406414
props to us for actually believing in our memes rather than modern Christians who for the most part ignore 99% of their faith
>>
>>2406522
>i want to destroy Muhammad's grave

so do the Saudis
>>
>>2406519
4000 years buddy and still going strong. You guys had 1000 years for conversion and still failed. Also hinduism is about choice, you can choose to worship the cow, or you can worship somethign else, or nothing at all. Drinking piss is also a choice, the majority dont do it and is not required.

At least they arent blowing themselves up and substituting vices as virtues.
>>
>>2406470
> culture and tradition deepley steeped in hating islam and criticizing it.

Is it butthurt over millions of hindus converting to Islam over the centuries?

>inb4 forced conversion memes.

literally the entire nation of Indonesia and Malaysia voluntarily gave up Hinduism
>>
>>2406524
Nice try Ahmed
>It's not gay if you fuck a boy dressed as a girl
>>
File: 1315118240688.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1315118240688.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
GAIUS
>>
>>2406530
>You guys had 1000 years for conversion and still failed

The fact that billions including the populations of Pakistan and Bangladesh were once hindu but not anymore shows that we didn't do too bad.

>At least they arent blowing themselves up and substituting vices as virtues.

you're right friend, we should be rioting in the streets because untouchables drank from our well like civilized people
>>
File: 1486588722582.gif (265KB, 210x131px) Image search: [Google]
1486588722582.gif
265KB, 210x131px
Muslim Desi here btw. Islam is too autistic and too arab but i'm not allowed to convert to any other religion cause that would be haram. Don't like Hinduism either... though Sikhism and some sects of Buddhism aren't bad. I think I might just become Sufi
>>
File: swamp managment.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
swamp managment.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
>>2406540
>Is it butthurt over millions of hindus converting to Islam over the centuries?
No it has to do with the destruction and suppression of hindus which is a dindu nuffin situation. But honestly there is only >50% is converted, the other 50% are settlers invaders and a lot of mixed peoples who are not natives to india.

>literally the entire nation of Indonesia and Malaysia voluntarily gave up Hinduism
The kings and royalty derived a lot of wealth through trade and Arab traders worked out lucrative deals for conversion PLUS indic influences had already begun to wane under the Srivijiyas after the wars against the Tamil Cholas which ruined the prosperity of the country. Also the faith allowed consolidation of the powers through divine will concept. It wasnt through piety, it was for power.
>>
File: reddit.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>2406548
>The fact that billions including the populations of Pakistan and Bangladesh were once hindu but not anymore shows that we didn't do too bad.
All results of mass genocide and forced conversions, it spread by the sword but it will die internally, that is the fate of Islam.

>you're right friend, we should be rioting in the streets because untouchables drank from our well like civilized people
This isnt 1940s. That literally never happend in the past years.

Also way to treat people of other religions in islamic nations, why the fuck oppress them so much? Is the golden rule too confusing?
>>
>>2406563
you seem to be taking this personally bhai saab. , anyways...
> the other 50% are settlers invaders and a lot of mixed peoples who are not natives to india.
very small percentage of us have any relation to foreigners at all, so it would be sloser to 2 % maybe at best 15 % in the Frontier. anyways i'm butthurt about Nalanda too despite being Muslim...

> it spread by the sword but it will die internally, that is the fate of Islam.

i'll be waiting for that day
>>
>>2406605
>i'm butthurt about Nalanda too despite being Muslim
Yea that shit is pretty harrowing and upsetting, my heart sinks when I read about it. The library burnt for three days.

>i'll be waiting for that day
It is reasonable that one wishes to see his own end.
>>
File: MAXIMUMWHYBOTHER.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUMWHYBOTHER.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>2406643
that one wishes to see his own end.
>islam ending means all Muslims have to die
insane if you think that will ever happen. If anything Islam will probably get watered down by Capitalism and become less relevant
>>
>>2406659
in 50-60 years you maybe dead cause of old age, you never know, I never said you will be killed, just that one expires.
>>
Anon, if you're Catholic you eat the body and blood of God every weekend. That qualifies as "spoopy," surely?
>>
>>2406708
Can we call them Jesuseaters?
>>
Being an atheist does not mean you can't do ceremonies or acknowledge the psychological factors that could make it useful. We just don't go: OMG we have to do this this and this or muh skydaddy will be mad!

Or another religious classic: ur breakin the rules! muh degeneracy and youre going to hell for not doing exactly as my interpretation of this bullshit text says to do!

There is a time and a place for ritual and to bring those psychological influences out. But most try to avoid them because you scummy religious fucks spent most of human history tearing apart humanity over it.
>>
>>2403430
>Atheism and secularism was a mistake.
this
>>
>>2406042
>I had to smear my grandmas ash on my forehead and swear an oath to spill blood of those who wronged her in the old way, had to recite Sanskrit chants.
That is the most metal thing I've ever heard coming out of a major world religion.

You should be fucking proud of your heritage, my Hindu friend
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.