[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So much has been written and documented about the diseases Europeans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

So much has been written and documented about the diseases Europeans carried over with them into the New World...
...but what diseases were already indigenous to the Native Americans, that would have infected Europeans in turn?
>>
Syphilis.
>>
>>2401771
This. Overall however higher population density in Europe, along with a more grain based diet that increases exposure to vectors, and more exposure to foreign countries, led to the disparity between European and Indian immunity.
>>
I don't know any specific diseases that were endemic to north America, but the Native north Americans lived at significantly lower population densities than the Europeans. Urbanized Europeans had much better immune systems than the nomadic north Americans simply because European cities were so filthy and had so many vectors for disease
>>
>>2401879
Were medieval yurops less sanitary than the Romans? Seems like it, but maybe I'm memeing. Aztecs didn't have to deal with horses which would have reduced the shit-content of their cities by a lot.
>>
>>2401896
Humans producing more than enough shit to still make it unbearably disgusting by today's standards. All in all though I have to say that Medieval Europe was a lot less sanitary than ancient Rome because Rome had aqueducts running water, bathhouses, tepidariums, public shithouses et al. People in the Middle Ages just shat wherever and threw piss from their buckets from the house into the street garbage as well they didn't even have sewer systems while Rome had the Cloaca
>>
>>2401910
Did the black death make Europeans act more sanitary? Is there any account of how Europeans understood the plagues killing Indians?
>>
>>2401950
lol idfk
>>
>>2401950
I've heard it actually made them lass sanitary because people got scared of sharing stuff like bath water and towels. Medieval peoples' understanding of how sickness spread wasn't great but I think they knew they had to avoid something as obvious as weeping swellings.
>>
>>2401910
There's some writings early of the Indians being a frail people.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.