[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, you need to redpill me on /1066/ >>Did the brits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: gf.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
Guys, you need to redpill me on /1066/
>>Did the brits get cucked?
>>
>>2401684
What does this even mean? Do you mean it literally, as in Normans raped all the women? Do you mean as in their old system being replaced by a more continental system?

Because as it is you haven't been very fucking clear what you mean.
>>
File: Englishmonarchykek.jpg (129KB, 506x780px) Image search: [Google]
Englishmonarchykek.jpg
129KB, 506x780px
>>2401684
As in Dynasty? Yes.
>>
>>2401684
What do you mean by "cucked"? Sure, the "brits", insofar as "brits" existed then, were defeated by the Normans, primarily because they'd just had to march all the way from the south of England to the north, defeat a Viking army, and then march all the way back to the south to immediately fight a Norman army. Not sure quite how that involves cuckoldry though.

>redpill me

Fuck off and read a book about it, it's not like there's a shortage of them.
>>
>>2401857
>Do you mean as in their old system being replaced by a more continental system
Tell me more
>>
>>2401865
>last English dynasty

I mean sure, but the vast majority of the monarchs on that list were born in England, lived in England, and considered themselves very much English. So saying they're not just because someone 5 generations back wasn't is like retarded burgers claiming they're Irish or German because their great great great grandfather was desu.
>>
>>2401865
>welsh
>not just sheep fucking english
>>
>>2401885
Well for starters Anglo-Saxons used to hold land in their own right i.e. their land was theirs and the property rights did not spring from anything or anyone. William the Conqueror reformed this so that all land was granted from the Crown, indicating that it was the source of power in the realm.

This was backed with reformed to feudal loyalty oaths, where thanes would swear allegiance to the Crown, and then their lords instead of just the lords. When you combine that with the land confiscations from Anglo-Saxons and rewards to William's companions, you see the rise of large, powerful lords (although there was a quasi rise of these with the 4/5 powerful earls prior to this, this just spread the hierarchy down).

Also, the semi-elective kingship of England gradually turned into the inherited one you can see today. Basically , William centralized the system, and this process would continue until the Revolt of the Barons.

I will admit I am no expert in this area (I only know the land law reforms from my Land Law paper), so I would encourage you to do your own reading on this topic, especially if you're interested in the development of Parliamentary rule.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.