[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why should anyone outside of purely traditional reasons respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: vatican.png (120KB, 1024x1024px)
vatican.png
120KB, 1024x1024px
why should anyone outside of purely traditional reasons respect an entity that both claim to be the reprsentative of spiritual matters and at the same time have gone against its own religious dogmas to acquire more wordly power for itself?
shouldn't such an organisation either be exposed to extreme scrutiny or abdanoned enteirely by anyone who actually cares about religious orthodoxy?
>>
When did they go against their own dogmas? What are you bitching about specifically?
>>
>>2400831
a rather big biblical dogma is about idoltry even though the catholics call that veneration. maybe not right to call it a dogma but the catholic's long strive to earn richeness and power do contrast the passages about not striving for earthly treasures.
demanding money from people to not burn in pyrgoatory to later claim pyrgoatory is a myth when you can't get money from it anymore should make warning bells sound for anyone
>>
>>2400859
seem like I was wrong on the last one, they still believe in pyrgoatory
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/16/vatican-indulgences-pope-francis-tweets
>>
Catholics are cancerous faggots that's why
>>
On that day I will call my servant Eliakim son of Hilkiah, and will clothe him with your robe and bind your sash on him. I will commit your authority to his hand, and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and no one shall shut; he shall shut, and no one shall open. I will fasten him like a peg in a secure place, and he will become a throne of honor to his ancestral house.
>>
>>2400797
>have gone against its own religious dogmas to acquire more wordly power for itself?

But it hasn't?
>>
>>2401100
Bitch how do you give that shit back?
>>
>>2400859
>it's idolatry because I say so
Catholic dogma is clear, dulia and latria are completely different things. But you don't care, do you? Because you care about your opinions more than you care about truth
>demanding money from people to not burn in pyrgoatory
That's not how it works, yours is a distortion of how things worked. It's penance in general that helps limit the time you spend in Purgatory, it's not about money
> claim pyrgoatory is a myth
wrong
>>
>>2401239
>tfw before protestantism it wasn't even a question of whether the respect given to saints is the same as the adoration given to god alone
>>
>>2401239
>Catholic dogma is clear, dulia and latria are completely different things.
>it's not idoltry because of that tiny tiny difference from other idoltry you see

>That's not how it works, yours is a distortion of how things worked. It's penance in general that helps limit the time you spend in Purgatory, it's not about money
the catholic church did have people selling indulgances for money, let those people sell indulgances for money and only put a stop to people selling indulgances for money when people actually began to create a fuzz about church corruption in a manner that couldn't be handled through the burning pyre or a few crusades
>>
File: 1487534118617.jpg (24KB, 283x403px) Image search: [Google]
1487534118617.jpg
24KB, 283x403px
>>2401306
>>it's not idoltry because of that tiny tiny difference from other idoltry you see
it's not a tiny difference. It is as if you were arguing that you love both your mom and your gf, and therefore you want to bang your mom, because since both are love there can be no difference between the two.
Catholics don't worship the saints, period. You can say they do as many times as you want, doesn't make it true.

>muh indulgences
maybe you should educate yourself instead of talking about things you know nothing about
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07783a.htm

People abusing a certain practice =/= practice being inherently wrong or immoral
>>
File: Wycliffe.jpg (81KB, 800x1047px)
Wycliffe.jpg
81KB, 800x1047px
>>2401287
>tfw it was but the catholic church just burned them or their writings
>>
>>2401393
>tfw wycliffe was wrong
>>
>>2401410
>tfw might makes right
>>
>>2400797
Because the Catholic Church is the One, True, Holy, Apostolic Church. If you're not in communion with it you will not be saved
>>
>>2401927
I ate your gods
>>
>>2401927
They got you Hook Line & Sinker, bruh
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.