[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do communist governments so often buy into really bad ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Trofim_Lysenko_portrait.jpg (20KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Trofim_Lysenko_portrait.jpg
20KB, 300x450px
Why do communist governments so often buy into really bad ideas like non-Mendelian genetics, wiping out sparrows to improve crop yields, or asking farmers to make steel?

I wonder if communism isn't inherently flawed and was just weighed down by series of bad decisions, UNLESS there's a particular aspect of communism that leads the government to making such bad decisions.
>>
it's almost as if empowering chucklefuck peasants and wage earners to run society is an inherently flawed idea or something

>but muh educated vanguard

yes yes the dude that read Marx and engles who just five years ago spent the entirety of his life in the mountains shoveling shit is all of a sudden educated and should be the one making decisions at the local people's supreme Soviet yeah truly potentiates my peanuts
>>
>>2398540
Okay, Cletus.

>>2398532
It isn't that they were more likely to buy into these ideas, it's just that the power structures of authoritarian states makes it easier to power such projects through any potential analyses or objections to their implementation.

This is true in right-wing authoritarian states as well as communist ones.
>>
>>2398532
>abolish checks and balances on the power of the state
>have an identity often built on vengeance and perceived victimhood, particularly against those who previously led society
>control the media and academia, remove anyone from these positions who questions state decisions
>things often go to shit

I wonder how?
>>
>>2398532
Most communist governments in existence outright massacred their aristocracy and intelligentsia and landowners. If Russian empire was 80% shit eating peasants, then the USSR was 100% shit eating peasants.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.