[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's compare theories: Labour Theory of (Objective) Value:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Let's compare theories:

Labour Theory of (Objective) Value:
>Value consists of the amount of necessary labour time one puts into making a commodity. The exchange value of the commodity will be a function of relative costs of production between different commodities i.e the aggregate labour time of all other commodities

Labour Theory of Subjective Value (orthodox economics)
>HURR DURR these items just appear out of thin air so I guess their value is based on the average personal evaluations of all the world's plebs. No point in knowing the cost of production i.e. labour-time etc. let's all just have a guess because we think it has some utility for us

Really can't believe people take the second view in 2017.
>>
Yes, the second makes alot more sense.
>>
>>2395289
Labor time does not translate into value. You can spend all day moving rocks from one side of a field to another, with loads of both time and labor invested into it and still not create one iota of value.
>>
>>2395289
Subjective theory of value makes more sense even when you try to mock it.

Most buyers don't know or care how much toil went into making something, they just have a price they're willing to pay to get something.

Check out the diamond-water paradox, my friend.
>>
File: R.jpg (3MB, 3320x2547px) Image search: [Google]
R.jpg
3MB, 3320x2547px
&humanities strikes again
>>
>>2395289
Here's why you are wrong and I'm right.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CSLewisDoodle/videos
>>
>>2395365

What did he mean by this?
>>
People confuse work with productivity. Productivity is best thought of as work times effect over time.

You can work all day with little to no effect, and thus get nothing done.
>>
File: 1484779582075.png (42KB, 399x322px) Image search: [Google]
1484779582075.png
42KB, 399x322px
>>2395289
>>
>>2395353

Way to completely miss his point by ignoring the role of labor entirely.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.