[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good maps of the dissolution of the Abbasid Empire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 93261-004-A24F0844.jpg (183KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
93261-004-A24F0844.jpg
183KB, 600x343px
Are there any good maps of the dissolution of the Abbasid Empire? With the Ayyubid, Fatmid, and Seljuq Empires, I imagine the Abbasids became basically a little statelet in around Iraq, but I can't find any good maps showing its dissolution and the growth of the other Empires
>>
File: RIP.gif (21KB, 1156x386px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.gif
21KB, 1156x386px
you mean shit like this?
>>
>>2392292
Yeah
Are any of those under Abbasid suzerainty?
>>
>>2392303
Like half of them were originally Abbasid governships but later broke the fold and became independent after they were weakened by internal struggles and Daylamite/Qarmatian shenanigans.
>>
>>2392324
Did the Abbasids control any of these territories directly, or were they completely limited to Baghdad?
Where can I learn more about this?
>>
>>2392327
>Did the Abbasids control any of these territories directly, or were they completely limited to Baghdad?
Directly as in they appointed the governors/Emirs that would rule over the regions that the Abbasids divided their Empire into, so yes they had direct rule in the height of their power (minus Cordoba/Umaad territories). However, with time those governors would establish their own dynasties and Emirates as the Abbasids lost power.
>Where can I learn more about this?
Internet I guess
>>
>>2392360
So the Abbasid Empire was like the HRE, where the Emperor was a figurehead?
Did you learn all this from the internet?
>>
>>2392388
No, it was more like the Achaemenid empire where they had regional Satrap rulers over all the different ethnic groups making up their empire, but all united under the religion of Islam.
Which goes hand in hand with the fact that the system of government they used was a continuation of the Sassanid one prior to them.

The Caliph was seen as the head of Islam and had absolute rule.
He didn't become a figurehead until later during the Seljuk/Mamluke era when they had lost most of their power cause of the fragmentation.
>Did you learn all this from the internet?
Sure, I guess.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.