[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sitting at work, hear two coworkers talk about history. >history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

>sitting at work, hear two coworkers talk about history.
>history channel is my favorite channel!
>I have so much respect for Hannibal. Did you know Scorpius Africanus was the only Roman general to name himself after an enemy because of how good Hannibal was?
>Cyrus the Great was the best. That's why Alexander killed him in an honorable way. And did you ever read about how Alexander ties in with the Old Testament prophecies?
>Cleopatra was Greek, but that's only because the Romans took over Egypt after it was evacuated.
>Prior to the Spanish Empire, all wars were waged in the name of God
>The dinosaurs were invisible. Real science agrees with the Bible.
>>
>history channel
>The dinosaurs were invisible.

Would the history channel have a fighting chance to be good again if it was liberated from the clutches of Disney?
>>
>>2392929
I don't have History Channel where I live, care to explain why it is/has become bad? I've always only heard good things about it
>>
>>2393142
endless reality shows (pawn stars, that oak island show where nothing ever happens) that have little to do with history, and endless conspiracy bullshit shows/specials (hunting hitler).
>>
>>2393142
It basically went history channel -> Hitler channel -> aliens channel -> ice trucker channel and certain people are butthurt over it.
>>
File: 1352331848493.jpg (204KB, 800x773px) Image search: [Google]
1352331848493.jpg
204KB, 800x773px
>>2393142
good, cool, various docs about history
boat loads of ww2 stuff
aliens and ghosts
>>
>>2393148
I recall watching a History Channel episode where they were building a historic castle as they would in the middle ages
>>
>>2393154
is it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eayome8veOI

it's good regardless
>>
>>2393154
Does anyone know of this?
I've been trying to find it for a few years
>>
>>2393159
OMFG thank you. Yes that's it.
>>
>>2393142
>>2393151
>>2393148
It's actually an interesting study in capitalism in a way.

At the end of the day, History Channel needs to get ratings. It moved towards constant shows about Hitler and the Third Reich because that's such a notorious part of history that a lot of people are fascinated/cautious of, so it got viewers. Even then it wasn't profitable enough, so they were forced to gradually decrease their standards in return for niche audiences
>>
>>2393177
same thing happened to TLC and Discovery

I used to love these channels growing up as a kid in the 90s. It's all I watched besides PBS, and watching them decline through my HS years was heartbreaking

At least the BBC is still cranking out decent stuff
>>
>>2391454
>The dinosaurs were invisible. Real science agrees with the Bible.
I'm not even sure I understand what this mean. Where were they invisible?
>>
>>2391454
My French colleague who comes from some town in the Alps mentioned the famous story of how Alexander the Great crossed the Alps with his elephants.

I've asked him who Alexander was fighting but he couldn't remember.
>>
>>2393241
Don't you mean Hannibal? I didn't think Alexander never went west of greece
>>
>Battlefield 1 is awesome, so raw flying a spitfire around instead of a jet
Legit happened. I sperged and revealed my power level
>>
>>2393244
is this satire?
>>
File: 1439259680392.jpg (16KB, 480x236px) Image search: [Google]
1439259680392.jpg
16KB, 480x236px
>>2391454
>Scorpius Africanus
>>
>>2393244
>>
>>2391454
>Prior to the Spanish Empire, all wars were waged in the name of God
Wouldn't every ruler in Europe say that their war was in gods name? To give it legitimacy? You know "god is on our side!" And all that.
>>
>>2393249
no? Alexander never encountered elephants until he got to India and promptly died in Babylon. He never even saw the Alps
>>
>>2393301
You are a retard my friend.
>>
>>2393301
Kek.
/his/ is so strange at times.
>>
>>2393267
nah, you are mixing the divine right of kings with war justifications.
>>
>>2393202
Everywhere retard that's how invisibility works
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.