[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Jesus was fathered by a Roman soldier called Panthera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3886-1024x683.jpg (275KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3886-1024x683.jpg
275KB, 1024x683px
Reminder that Jesus was fathered by a Roman soldier called Panthera and his mother was convicted of adultery for it.
>>
doesn't matter even if it was true
>>
>>2389869

>his birth wasn't immaculate
>doesn't matter
>>
>>2389877
>>2389819

I never got why people get butthurt or caught up in the mysticism of Christianity.

Fucking Mewtwo understands it better. The circumstancesof Jesus' birth are irrelevant. We are all the children of God. With his life, he chose to teach people to love and be kind to one another and die for that belief.

Shitty people just twist everything. The Bible is historical fiction and should ot be taken literally in most cases. It is like most stories, it teaches moral/life lessons
>>
>>2389819
Even if this is true, it doesn't matter. In religion, the only thing that matters is what people believe and not what actually happened
>>
>>2389903
The only useful life lesson it teaches is that if you anger the Jewish lobby you will get crucified, even if you were full of good intentions and love for the truth.
>>
12 But tell me this—since we preach that Christ rose from the dead, why are some of you saying there will be no resurrection of the dead? 13 For if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised either. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your faith is useless. 15 And we apostles would all be lying about God—for we have said that God raised Christ from the grave. But that can’t be true if there is no resurrection of the dead. 16 And if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless and you are still guilty of your sins. 18 In that case, all who have died believing in Christ are lost! 19 And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world.
>>
>>2389934

to me, it's really an overwhelmingexample of how challenging the status quo goes over poorly.

but yea, be nice and shit is good too
>>
>>2389877
They aren't going to rewrite the bible and christians aren't going to pull a 180 on their beliefs so no it doesn't matter.
>>
>>2389903
Oh really? Who says we're the children of this god? The self-same bible that claims jesus to be born of a virgin? Furthermore, who says we're born of only one god? We could easily be the product of many deities or none. This is the problem when you embrace the woowoo, you open your mind to all sorts of idiotic shit.
>>
>>2390028
depends on your notion of what God is.

some people believe they are literal beings. Some believe it's uncomprehendable.

I didn't mean to discount any religion by saying "God" in the singular Christian sense...I'm not even religious.

I'm still trying to figure out what God is for myself...but it's definitely not an old bearded guy
>>
>>2389945
Interesting

I dont really believe in the afterlife and resurrection...it's just meant to comfort those who hav lived a shitty life.

Religions sole purpose is for this life...an (often on-paper) attempt to better the world
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.