[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i've been interested lately in the post world war 1 francization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: alsacelorraine.gif (5KB, 282x402px) Image search: [Google]
alsacelorraine.gif
5KB, 282x402px
So i've been interested lately in the post world war 1 francization of alsace lorraine, but i can't find any good english primary sources. am i shit out of luck when it comes to primary sources on this topic?
>>
The only thing you need to know is that Alsace-Lorraine is rightfully German
>>
>>2389795
this goes without saying,friend.
>>
File: Gallia.jpg (60KB, 750x855px) Image search: [Google]
Gallia.jpg
60KB, 750x855px
>>2389782
>Francization

You mean Germanization
>>
>>2389939
Given that Rome conquered Gaul before the Franks did, wouldn't that mean that France is rightful Italian clay?
>>
>>2389950
French-Gauls are natives, Italians are invaders
>>
>>2389795
>living 100 years in the past
There is not a single reason why it would be rightfully German.
The region's frontiers has always changed and now it's in France, get over it.

Frontiers all around the world were decided by conquest.
Today (or even 25 years ago) the only accepted way of changing those frontiers are with the popular vote.

If you believe Alsace lorraine is rightfully german, you have the right to think so, but that doesn't match the popular opinion in that region.

From what I heard from the alsaciens that I live with, they feel more alsacian than french, and more french than german, but still having a link to all three.
They still speak french there but with a little accent.

Just don't go all confident confirming that it's rightfully German because it proves your ignorance.
>>
>>2390046
Just to correct, it was named Alsace-Lorraine in when it was german and simply Alsace when french.
>>
>>2389782
The Frenchification of Alsace occured in the 18th century
Even during the short German occupation between 1871 and 1918, inhabitants still felt French
>>
I believe there must be on the internet some papers about the debates betweeen the French Renan, Fustel de Coulanges and the Germans David Friedrich Strauss, Mommsen during and after the franco-prussian war in 1870-1871 that covers the Alsace-Lorraine question, but also question the basic Staatnation vs Kulturnation opposition.
>>
>>2389795
Alsatians dont agree with you Hans

sorry
>>
>>2389782
It was conquered by France in the 17th century in a war that left much of the country devastated. However the region was granted a certain degree of autonomy, which is why it not only remained Protestant but overall German (Lorraine is a different case though) until the mid 20th century.
>>
>>2389782
tl;dr they were left alone until the television and radio hit.
>>
You know it was French for centuries before it was stolen by Germany in 1871 right?
>>
File: loui xiv.jpg (169KB, 320x1073px) Image search: [Google]
loui xiv.jpg
169KB, 320x1073px
>>2390505
Only for two centuries
France had stolen it in 1697
>>
>>2390593
Stole from whom?
>>
>>2390618
The Extremely Holy 100% Roman Mighty Empire
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.