[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Europe a thing in the middle ages? A lot of places that would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: europe.png (136KB, 700x545px) Image search: [Google]
europe.png
136KB, 700x545px
Was Europe a thing in the middle ages?
A lot of places that would be considered European today seem very different to other places considered European.
>>
>>2389781
what are you talking about
>>
It was a thing by the medieval era, but its borders shifted slightly over time before that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe#Early_history
>>
File: image052[1].jpg (148KB, 565x910px) Image search: [Google]
image052[1].jpg
148KB, 565x910px
>>2389781
Europe just meant Christiandom
>>
>>2389781
>>2390550 this.

Greece and Turkey: Greece no because they were Orthodox and not Catholic, but the Crusades united them. Turkey more or less, it changed a lot throughout the Crusades... until of course the Ottomans took over but that was during the Renaissance so.
Spain: wasn't like that up until late 1400's. Most of it was by 1100, but all of spain was finally taken once Grenada fell. It was the last Muslim stronghold.
Definitely not Russia: until even very recently.
Scandinavia: yes and no... norsmen controlled it and bits of different tribes as well as Nors kingdoms that had little influence in Europe politically or culturally until they converted to Xianty.
UK definitely: just wasn't called the UK yet. That was some what recent.
Anything between Scandinavia directly down to the caspian and anything east of that: now that one is debatable. A lot of shit happened in that general area, shit that arguably still remders that place completely cucked.
>>
>>2389781
I read somewhere Europe stoped at the don river.
>>
>>2389781
No, europe was a term coined by the ancient Greek.

As medieval "europeans" had no knowledge of the writings of antiquity,they probably referred to their geographical location as "christendom"
>>
>>2390550
The top of her crown looks like it says /his/.
>>
>>2391960

They did indeed call it Christendom.
But I fell like Europe was a coined term. Not arguing, but Europe or Europa has been used to describe land west of Greece and north of the Mediterranean since Before Alexander.
>>
>>2391960
>As medieval "europeans" had no knowledge of the writings of antiquity

kek
>>
oh you mean like a term
it was the catholic kingdoms
ortodoxies considered perfifery
nordicks were not considered apart from danes
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.