[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the advancement of humanity considered good? (e.g. People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0822.png (20KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0822.png
20KB, 512x512px
Why is the advancement of humanity considered good? (e.g. People going on about colonizing Mars or other planets.) Isn't this humancentric world view just tribalism on a larger scale?
>>
Only atheist/humanist commies believe that.
>>
>>2389414
it's generally agreed that people have many favorable attributes over lifeless rocks
>>
>>2389414
It's the mindset that happens when people start jacking off to their sci-fi/cyberpunk fantasies.
>>
Artificial intelligence and machine learning will eventually overtake humanity and make us meatsacks obsolete so it's largely irrelevant
>>
Well, I think we should strive to run our societies in ways that are moral. The biggest obstacle in running a moral society however is the fact that people can act in ways that are very immoral. People have great capacity for being cruel, selfish and destructive.

Thus one of the things to strive for is advancing science to the point where we can start modifying mankind itself. People often see the goal of transhumanism being the creation of humans that are smarter, stronger or healthier, but really the most important thing is to make humans that are morally better people than we are. A time will hopefully come when we will design the next generation of humans that are incapable of cruelty and sadism, humans that will truly love their neighbor as much as they love themselves.
>>
>>2389480
>Do not post to AI posts
>Do not respond to AI posts
>Ignore any attempts of trolling from Skynet.
>>
>>2389414
>>2389418
>>2389472

Why would you not want humanity to advance?
>>
>>2389519
But making them smarter would already do that.
>>
File: 1395783520713.jpg (2MB, 950x4969px) Image search: [Google]
1395783520713.jpg
2MB, 950x4969px
>>2389414
Since life has the instinct to procreate, it's just the next step considering that it makes sure that a single planetary catastrophe doesn't wipe out the species.
Genetic insurance or something like that.
>>
I'd prefer humanity going back to hunter-gathering
>>
You have have a natural inclination to see the survival of the species continue, even if it's not through your genes specifically. Lacking empathy and a general compassion for your fellow man is what we call a "psychopath."
t. gay bottom that will never have a child but still desires that the human race survives
>>
>>2389572
it leads to satan coqnuering the world, faggot
>>
Isn't advancing (as in, ensuring survival of) the human race an evolutionary trait? I'm not very informed in this area, but I remember reading that evolution selects for 1) self preservation/procreation and 2) preservation/ procreation of organisms genetically similar to us.
>>
>>2389414
>Why is the advancement of humanity considered good?
To be civilized. To be intelligent.
>>
>>2390055
why does the advancement of humanity lead to satan conquering the world? The increase in relative ease for human beings to sin?
>>
>>2391162
Apathy, hedonism, laziness.

Trans-humanism is Satan's end goal by the way. "Ye shall be as gods"
>>
>>2391172

Where did people like you come from? How did you find out about 4chan and why did you start coming?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.