[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was discovering the existence of China and its sphere of influence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: china-debate.png (90KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
china-debate.png
90KB, 1200x600px
Was discovering the existence of China and its sphere of influence in the first millenium the closest Europeans ever got to contacting a legitimately alien civilization that had developed entirely independently of its own?
>>
>>2388259
>china developed entirely on its own
>>
>>2388259
Not at all.
The closest Europeans ever got to contacting a completely alien civilization is obviously the discovery of the Americas.
>>
>>2388259
>alien civilization

yes, chinks are subhuman aliens
>>
>>2388334
>Stone Age
>civilization
>>
>>2388259
china and india were in contact for a long time.
>>
I feel like Japan is a better example
>>
>>2388341
Not subhuman, but they may as well have been Klingons to the Romans who first contacted them.
>>
Hijacking the thread slightly, but

>>2388459

Anyone know of any primary sources accounts of what Japanese thought of the European traders, BEFORE the Sakoku edict? I can only find accounts of what Euros thought of the Japanese, presumably because few English translations exist of the reverse. Can anyone help me out?
>>
>>2388259
European new about china since Roman times. Probably earlier.
>>
>>2388562
>Romans weren't European
>>
>>2388369
>India
>europe
>>
>>2388559
If you find any, post it in the thread. I aswell am curious about this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.