[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you lose your salvation? I've seen good arguments for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Grace.jpg (57KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
Grace.jpg
57KB, 600x442px
Can you lose your salvation?

I've seen good arguments for and against the "Once Saved Always Saved" doctrine.

Catholics need not apply.
>>
Why would you lose it?
>>
>>2384920
Why ask the question if you're not going to allow Catholics to pitch in?
>>
>>2384920
Is punching a baby after being saved enough to make you lose salvation? Or is god ok with it?
>>
>>2384920
If once saved always saved is true and you follow the common, rather convenient belief that newborns are automatically saved then everyone goes to heaven
>>
2 Peter 2:20—If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.
>>
>>2384948
They say that OSAS is a demonic doctrine because it encourages Christians to be lazy, the whole "license to sin" idea. They also point to supposed Christians who later become apostates and don't believe anymore.

Proponents of OSAS say that a born-again believer has the holy spirit, and you cannot possibly lose the holy spirit. Being a child of God is irreversable. You can backslide and fall into sin, but never lose your salvation. An analogy is that you have a biological father, and no matter how bad the relationship between you, you will never stop being his son. Christians who fall away were never Christian to begin with.
>>
File: Mystery Babylon.jpg (449KB, 798x798px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery Babylon.jpg
449KB, 798x798px
>>2384965
because catholics are not christians
>>
Only when you stop treating other as you'd want to be treated
>>
I was baptized as a 6-month infant, and later discovered Yahweh as he is portrayed in Judeo-Christian thought through parochial schooling. I underwent communion and was a devout believer until a year or so ago. I still believe that Yahweh as a supernatural entity exists, and that he is a very powerful entity at that, but I do not believe that he is the Supreme Creator of the universe and all things, nor do I believe that he is omnipotent, omniscient, or omnipresent (though he could very easily trick people into believing that). I believe that Jesus was conceived by Yahweh and born to Mary through virgin birth, and I also believe that he was endowed with miraculous abilities by his father, as well as the fact that he was intended to bear the sins of humanity and 'purify' us in Yahweh's eyes.
I consider Jesus to be a fine example of what humanity can become if we strive to be our very best and fulfill our potential, and I consider most of his teachings to be very relevant in daily life. I also very much respect Yahweh as an elder being and an entity of immense power and wisdom. However, I worship neither.

Where would I stand on this doctrine?
>>
>>2385131
Not saved. Salvation comes through faith, as in giving up the destiny of your life to Christ (or something like that). Works do nothing for salvation, they are an expression of someone already saved.
>>
>>2384920
No, to lose your salvation by some action or thought would imply the ability to gain your salvation by some action or thought. This contradicts salvation by faith, not by works. Calvinists and Arminiusts disagree on what exactly constitutes a "work," but the doctrine is not dependent on our ability to fully understand it.
Furthermore the only unforgivable sin, blaspheming of the Holy Spirit/carrying the Lord's name in vain, refer to an individual's personal quality of unforgivable-..ness. This means someone will not be saved who refuses to be saved.
>>
1 Corinthians 9:24-27- “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.”
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.