[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite aspect, design, policy, or law of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9989.jpg (54KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9989.jpg
54KB, 500x373px
What is your favorite aspect, design, policy, or law of your favorite past civilizations?

>Pic related. Ziggurats are cool looking
>>
Greek curiosity
>>
Solomon's Temple.
>>
>>2385074
solomon didn't build the temple
>>
Tibetan Dzong architecture. Just these huge white buildings with pagoda roofs and tall windows to let the sun in, surrounding inner courtyards and temples.
For an excellent example, look up Potala Palace.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potala_Palace
>>
>>2384436
Vikings:
the dichotemy between men and women and their criminal justice system.

Even today the nordic corrections model in Norway is years ahead.
>>
>>2385412
The Nordic model might have a better system of recovering convicts. But if someone would kill my parents willingly, I want them to suffer, not have a playstation so they could have a better chance of joining society after a decade or so.
>>
>>2384436

For aesthetics and overall philosophy of life I'd have to go with the aztecs.
>>
>>2385431
his suffering won't bring them back.

I don't really agree with treating killers so kindly either...esplecialy repeat offenders. But our laws and cj system are archaic.

we have people serving life sentences in veritable hell holes for possession of drugs and topless selfies of 16yos.

We've known solitary confinement is incredibly detrimental since the Pennsylvania system yet we still use it..locking people away for 23 hours a day for months at a time...and we use it a lot in juvenile justice too.

all because we "want people to suffer." There's a reason eye for an eye didnt stick
>>
>>2385488
>all because we "want people to suffer."
The irony is that prisoners are often having fun while the corporate drones slaving away to keep them in prison are the miserable ones.
>>
>>2385488
>There's a reason eye for an eye didnt stick

Considering for how long it existed, I'll say that it did exist and we're just the weird temporal deviation. It will return. People don't want their parent's back, we know and accept people die. We want the faggot to pay for an action.
>>
>>2385567

I won't argue that they shouldn't be punished, just that incarceration as a punishment is not ideal...It's only been around for ~250 years. Typically incarceration was just used while they awaited sentencing. The soldiers found guilty of manslaughter after the Boston Massacre had their thumbs branded

Punishment should be swift, certain, and specific to the crime.

we give every type of criminal the same pumishment...loss of freedom. The only differentiating factor is length of time.

at lest with actual eye for an eye, the punishment is immediately understood...Put a minor drug dealer in prison for a couple years, he'll probably just wait it oit and build connections while inside.
>>
I think some of the Third Reich's buildings are decent, Just look at the Olympic buildings and the Reichstag
>>
>>2385074
If we are talking fictional, then....well it still sucks.
>>
>>2385678
Cool architecture, not so cool human rights record
>>
File: 1372934764656.jpg (70KB, 737x664px) Image search: [Google]
1372934764656.jpg
70KB, 737x664px
>>2385785
wOWoWOWowoWwo LIBERAL FAG ALAMOEALMEAOM
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.