[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are some of the unsung heroes of war? Pic related, the ANZAC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Maori.jpg (53KB, 640x280px)
Maori.jpg
53KB, 640x280px
Who are some of the unsung heroes of war? Pic related, the ANZAC Maori battalion of WW2.
>>
>>2382357
>aussies dying for brits in every war

kek
>>
File: 628x471.jpg (32KB, 628x397px) Image search: [Google]
628x471.jpg
32KB, 628x397px
>>2382357
The Japanese Americans regiment during WW2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)
>>
Is the ANZAC meme ever going to die?

There were 3 times as many british soldiers to australians. There were more French soldiers than Australians.

Do they have this eternal fucking victim complex?
>>
>>2382486
>Maori
>Australian
>>
File: 95.png (1MB, 748x747px) Image search: [Google]
95.png
1MB, 748x747px
What did they do?
Or are they only special because they were a minority.
>>
>>2382569
Yes
>>
>>2382357
The US Army because the US MEHREENS grabbed the spotlight in the Pacific.

While missing gr8 land battles of the war like the whole Philippine Campaign.
>>
>>2382357
Aside from an incredibly brief period of time during the invasion of Greece, there was not an Australian & New Zealand Army Corps in the Second World War. I have no idea why you used that term.

>>2382569
Pretty much. The 28th Maori Battalion did some neat things, but it wasn't anything particularly incredible that other units within the New Zealand Division didn't also achieve.
A lot of Maoris have some laughable misconceptions about that unit, (like that they used traditional weapons to destroy Panzers, and that they did a haka while under machine gun fire before conducting an assault).
It's a source of pride for Maoris.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.