[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>And in those days, after that affliction, the sun will grow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: questioning frog.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
questioning frog.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>And in those days, after that affliction, the sun will grow dark and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the sky will be shaken; and then they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send forth his angels and he will gather his elect from the four winds, from the end of earth to the end of heaven ... Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place. (Mark 13:24–27, 30)

>Truly I tell you, some of you standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come in power. (Mark 9:1)

>When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next. Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes (Matthew 10:3)

>For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16:28-29)

Why hasn't the Son of Man come yet?
>>
Soon.

The Antichrist has to be revealed first and the totalitarian satanic New World Order set up, followed by persecution of Christians.

Globalism is simply Satan trying to rebuild the Tower of Babel.
>>
>>2380388
What about the thing about this generation or some of those standing there with him not passing away

Or not reaching all the towns in Israel
>>
>>2380353
>unironic frogposting
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2380412
1000 years for us is like 1 day to God
>>
>>2380420
When did he say anything about days
>>
>>2380412
https://www.gotquestions.org/this-generation-not-pass.html
>>
>>2380414
Attack the argument not the meme
>>
File: 1442974177774.jpg (24KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442974177774.jpg
24KB, 306x480px
http://www.thingstocome.org/whatgen.htm
>>
>>2380448
I don't buy it, the other quotes indicate he is talking about the current generation.
>>
>>2380412
>reading the bible this literallly
>>
>>2380476
Christianity has been around for 2000 years. I feel like if that was such a big issue even back in 200 AD they would've been like "Oh he's not back, guess he was lying".
>>
>>2381129
That's simply when they reinterpret the prophecies. As time went on Christianity also gained a more and more spiritual character.
>>
>>2381206
christianity was always spiritual. on the other hand doomsday theories are rather new and protestant
>>
>>2380412
Not reaching all the towns in Israel refers to how the gospel has gone around the world in the last 2000 years but Israel is still full of people who have never heard it. I don't just mean since 1948 either. there has been a slight continuous Jewish and Bedouin population in the region, and I wouldn't be surprised if even through the crusades, the Church never went to some of these places.

Some not passing away could easily refer to the fact that the Apostles survived the initial persecution, to see the gospel preached around the empire, Africa and Asia.
Additionally, while they were still alive, Paul and John were shown the Kingdom and the last days.
>>
>>2382645
Paul himself believed the second coming would happen in his lifetime.
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (326KB, 1576x2358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
326KB, 1576x2358px
Ecclesiastes 1:9—The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
>>
>>2382645
>Doomsday theories are rather new

You should know that there was as much clamor in 999 about the year 1000 bringing about the end of the world as there was in 1999, and they didn't even have shitty computers to worry about. I'm assuming doomsday theories go further back than that; there is nothing new under the sun.
>>
>>2384397
500 was a popular date too, predicted by some famous church fathers, Irenaues, Hippolytus of Rome, Sextus Julius Africanus.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.