[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any Christian denominations other than Protestantism compatible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0498.jpg (258KB, 800x743px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0498.jpg
258KB, 800x743px
Are any Christian denominations other than Protestantism compatible with secularism and democracy?
>>
>>2379182
Hopefully not.
I'd guess Mormonism though.
>>
>>2379182
"Protestantism" is not a denomination of Christianity.

It's Christians.

Slandered by the Catholics as "protesting catholicism", which any rational human being would naturally do when presented with the facts.

Like this simpering moron right here. >>2379199 literally cannot tell you how to be saved, if he's saved, or what being saved even means.
>>
>>2379215
>"Protestantism" is not a denomination of Christianity.

This is true but it is a branch of denominations, making the OP still decipherable.
>>
Democracy yes, secularism no. No. The catholic church ruled Americanism incompatible with Roman Catholicism. Orthodoxy is inherently tied to the nation.
>>
>>2379182

Christians can live in any secular society, as Christians. It's just that sometimes you get killed for it.

By the same token, any form of government over Christians works, because Christians know that all authority comes from God, and all attacks against authority are attacks against God.

>>2379221
Points for not taking obvious b8.
>>
>>2379253
I've heard that not persecuting the faith is enough to get favorable treatment from God. You don't need to favor Christianity. This being said, i'd say truer christian ethos are "integration of church and state" not "separation of church and state"
>>
>>2379265

In the world, but not of the world.

That's the Christian ethos.
>>
>>2379228
What is Americanism? Jesuit dungeon masters don't like free speech?
>>
>>2379182
>Christianity
>compatible with democracy

nope
>>
>>2379279
So the Islamic state taxing Christians is okay in your mind because Christians aren't of the world?
>>
File: 1563545434.png (176KB, 300x518px) Image search: [Google]
1563545434.png
176KB, 300x518px
>>2379228
I have heard that the Vatican has defended democracy in our current political situation but I have yet to see something that says Catholicism is compatible with democracy. In fact, I've seen the opposite. The failure of democracy is that the will of the people does not determine the good and such a system can overturn the good through the foolishness of the people.

>>2379253
>Christians can live in any secular society, as Christians.

That's not at all relevant to the OP's comment of compatibility.

>>2379280
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americanism_(ideology)
>>
>>2379290
The Islamic state taxes everyone, including Christians.
>>
>>2379326
I mean special tax on "people of the book?"

Plus Christian ethos combines church and state period.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.