[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get into history? I learned a lot from EU4 desu.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Muscovy.png (91KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Muscovy.png
91KB, 800x533px
How did you get into history? I learned a lot from EU4 desu. Also can someone tell me how historically accurate the start is?
>>
>>2376637
>How did you get into history?
Seems to have just come naturally. I remember owning a kid's book about the history of flight when I was like 6 and I read it over and over again. It talked about the Icarus, tower jumping in the middle ages, Da Vinci's inventions, then onto the Wright Brothers etc. I was totally fascinated. I mean, history is really just a collection of stories, and everyone loves a good story.
>>
>>2376637
>I learned a lot from EU4 desu

/his/ everyone
>>
>>2376637
>>2376637
Not a lot. For example, Muscovy was at the time of the start of the game a vassal of the Golden Horde.
>>
>>2376704
EU4 is a great game for getting people interested in learning about the history of other nations.
>>
File: shedu1.jpg (154KB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
shedu1.jpg
154KB, 800x708px
6th grade

It was the first time I actually learned history and it started with a unit on ancient Mesopotamia

Fucking loved it, I think it was the first subject I willingly studied for, and the first non spelling test I passed with an A

I think it was a short time after or maybe slightly before, I went to a museum in Chicago (not the history or art museum) and saw this big fucker

It was probably the most, shit I can't even describe it, i guess awestruck I ever was
>>
>>2376704
are you new here?
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 385x385px
>tfw went to an inner city school full of dumb chucklefucks and read the entire world history book cover to cover in one weekend because it fascinated me during freshman year
>do that for every history class thereafter
>classmates are amazed and I'm known as the history buff
>over worked teachers who had their souls crushed treat me like hot shit too
>freshman year of college
>professor: "anon I know you like your history but please don't answer every single rhetorical question I pose it disrupts the flow of my lectures"
>realize how little history I actually know after I get a B+ on some paper I had to write

it's all a sick joke isn't it?
>>
>>2376704

Nothing wrong with a videogame inspiring an interest in history, as long as you don't parrot what you learn in videogames without actually researching it.

I read up on Burgundy after going "holy shit what's this big state in between France and the HRE?"
>>
File: Getty-Villa-15.jpg (1MB, 2000x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Getty-Villa-15.jpg
1MB, 2000x1332px
4th grade.

We went on a field trip to the Getty Villa in Malibu, which is basically a restored ancient Roman domus attached to a huge museum filled with ancient greco roman statues and houseehold items from Republican Rome. It blew my fucking mind. I instantly fell in love with Greco-Roman culture and have been an -aboo of it since.

I still go to the Getty Villa once every few years. admission is free and its worth the hour drive.
>>
>>2376637
played rome total war with a couple friends over one summer (my friends are actually featured in a youtube multiplayer battle against a popular rome total war youtuber)

I got interested in the ancient era because of how many interesting forms of warfare they had and I fell in love with the roman legions infantry uniforms and armor. This turned into roman history, then ancient history as a whole, then branched out from there.
>>
>>2376637
>tfw side with Poland to btfo the >H >R >E
>tfw German border is now from Elbe to the Rhine
>tfw the Eternal Gauls and the Eternal Sarmatians created the Perfect World
>>
>>2376637
My ancestors were badmouthed too much on /pol/, I had to develop my historical bantz and learn, especially put those filthy anglos at their place.

>>2376704
Schools should encourage boys to play EUIII/IV, especially since the period from Renaissance to WWI are considered unjustly dry, but hey it's probably better to do 5 hours per year on the Holocaust with the ugliest films/photos you can find.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.